Sunday, December 6, 2009

We Fondue! Do You?



Oh yeah baby! What a wonderful, yummy Sunday night dinner!

We ate a concoction of Swiss and Gruyere with white wine and spices melted and served with crusty french bread for dipping and a caeser salad.

I have never made this for the family before [it is not cheap and I am] but I have been craving it. I was a bit leery that the kids wouldn't like it as it is very rich. I told them I would make them sandwiches to go with the salads if they didn't like it, but to please try a few bites. HA! They ate 3/4 of a large loaf of french bread themselves.

Those little fondue forks make great weapons when the bread bowl gets low I have to say. :)

Next up - Beef fondue [Wallene will be frying hot dogs] and then white chocolate. Mmmmm.

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend. See you Monday!

4 comments:

Rudee said...

No, but I want a fondue pot. I'd fondue if I had the right equipment!

life in the mom lane said...

I love fondue, and have the necessary equipment... just never think to get it out- what a great idea! we will be having fondue over the holidays! :)

RVVagabond said...

Next you'll have to try the Alabama Dip!

ellen abbott said...

My mom made it a few times when I was a kid when it became all the rage. We also did a similar dish called welsh rarebit, a cheesy concoction that you poured over toast instead of dipping bread into it.