Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Most Awesome Homemade Gift Ever

I was reading blogs today and on one the discussion turned to homemade gifts. I read this woman's suggestion [and I can't find it now! I will credit her if I do] but I fell in love with this idea.

Homemade jam, homemade peanut butter and a loaf of fresh baked bread in a basket. For PB&J sandwiches.

How neat is this? I love this idea. I am so excited about this. Especially now that I have a food processor to make the peanut butter. Heehee.

Saturday cannot get here fast enough. The girls and I will be baking, canning and grinding [peanuts]. Oh, even better? We can start Friday as Pooldad has started 4 day work weeks for the winter. See? I do LOVE the Pool business. HA!

Don't forget to enter the give-a-way so you too can get your cooking vibe flowing! Or make a cup of coffee! [And thanks for all the tadpoles that have entered so far - your comments are great!]

4 comments:

Amy said...

AWESOME idea.

I am doing the jam and bread thing this year. My mom and I pressed about a gazillion pomegranates (I'm not sure if I spelled that right and i am exhausted so who cares!) and froze the juice. I wish I could add peanut butter, but I don't think it would be a good idea with Thomas's nut allergy.

SkippyMom said...

Pomegranetes? HOW COOL is THAT? I love it. Very neat.

And yes - I agree about the peanuts, definitely not Amy. I am making this for family members that are taking car trips this holiday [that don't have allergies]

The nut allergy thing scares me so much. We were so lucky none of the kids are allergic to anything - I can't figure it out. You would think at least one would've been.

RVVagabond said...

Every year when Denny and I went "home" for Christmas, I would help my mother baked dozens of different cookies. She would create huge plates of several varieties which she then gave to her friends as Christmas gifts. Folks loved these more than store-bought gifts and she and I enjoyed the "quality time" together.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Sounds wonderful! Homemade gifts are the best of all!!