Monday, June 15, 2009

This Makes Me All Smiley

I found a new blog today - it is called CraftHope. It is a blog dedicated to giving to orphaned children in poorer countries through the donations of crafts made by fellow bloggers.

So far they have made pillowcase dresses for an orphanage in Mexico [too cute!] and soft body dolls [go look at the pics, please! adorable!] for an orphanage in Nicarauga. Their next project, and there is still time to sign up [hint], is for booties, blankets and caps for newborns in India. [They can be knitted, crocheted or sewn]

How exciting is this? Now we all know I can't knit or crochet - but I can sew :) - so I am breaking out the machines and looking for patterns. Yay! A productive day is before me.

Bengay? Where is my Bengay?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sew like you have never sewn before! Have a great day!

Amy said...

Thanks so much for posting this. I went and signed up. I needed something like this.

Rudee said...

It's humbling to stay involved with organizations that provide help for those with needs bigger than our own. I think it keeps us grounded. Me? I buy chickens, silos, wells and cows for impoverished women in Nicaragua through Cantera Nicaragua. I save up my pennies and send them to my friend who is a nun down there. All of the farm animals help women become independent and self sufficient-they aren't raised for slaughter but for what they provide (milk and cheese from the cows and eggs from the chickens). It feels good to be involved.