Sunday, August 23, 2009

Tsk! Tsk! Taco Bell

Please explain to me how this makes sense:

The Eldest had a school meeting last night at a local pizzeria which just happens to be next door to Taco Bell. Mmmmm, cravings. Pooldad said he would pick me up my favorite on his way home after the meeting. YAY! Cheap fast food. Yes!

My favorite is one bean burrito and one bean soft taco with a small Pepsi. Easy peasy, right?

You would think.

Upon ordering Pooldad was informed that Taco Bell no longer makes bean soft tacos. Yes, DOES NOT MAKE bean soft tacos.

Um, excuse me? Do they not have a soft taco tortilla, beans, lettuce and cheese already handy? Pooldad inquired.

The clerk was adamant no they don't sell them anymore, so no bean soft taco for Skippy. Sigh.

No worries. Our taco bell is attached to a KFC. So Pooldad [lovely husband that he is] brought me home the bean burrito, the Pepsi plus an order of mashed potatoes and an order of green beans from KFC.

Quite the dinner, eh? Best part tho' was dessert - Wallene made Momma her all time favorite dessert - Key Lime Pie. Yum!

3 comments:

Gail said...

What a thoughtful thing to do. Maybe there are no beans left in the world!

Greenmare said...

how silly! a bean burrito, but they can't make a bean taco??? huh? But then I'm the one that goes to Culvers and orders the butter burger without the butter so I certainly know silly!

LKPheartsfood said...

I have had this problem when they say they don't make meximelts. It's a soft beef taco wrapped up and melty! GAH!