Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Yippy Skippy Has Been Born!

I am now the namesake of my very own baby cow:

credit:  edmondbarry.com.au
This is not my actual baby, but from what I understand from Mrs. Phelan over at Homestead Neophyte my namesake "Yippy Skippy" was born last night at 10 pm.  She is completely black.  Which, I guess, makes me the black sheep calf of the family

Phe has been without computer and internet for a few days, but was so nice to call me today and let me know I have a calf named for me.  [I actually teased her into it. I am good like that]  We are the "G.F.s" after all. :)

You know Tadpoles, sometimes it is just the little things in life that make you smile, giggle or laugh out loud.  I take great pleasure in my family and friends - but hey - it's a COW! giggle

How happy would you be to have one named for you?

And Phe, just don't let me know when you eat her, okay?

Have a great Tuesday Tadpoles!  See you on the flipside.

Wait..do I have to pay "calf support?"
Don't answer that.

15 comments:

Teresa said...

totally way cool!

Travelin' Mike said...

What an honor! =)

Jennifer said...

That is pretty cool! :D

Yart said...

She is kewl... Don't ya just love Phelan!

Patty said...

Calf Support! HA!
Classic.

Mustang Sally said...

Oh how cute, I want one!

Jeannie said...

I think it's fabulous! Of course I'd want a cow named for me! (There has probably already been one and we ate it)

Look at you - first a drink and now a cow!

Lyndylou said...

how cool is that! Holly has had a horse named after her....she wasn't impressed lol

Southhamsdarling said...

Congratulations Skippy! That's pretty cool to have a cow named after you, and such a pretty one at that. Hee Hee!! You must be feeling quite honoured! I would be!

Rebecca said...

congrats on the new baby

Anonymous said...

I say the next female calf born should be named Ditzy...Just saying ;)

Rudee said...

She's adorable. I hope she'll be a milk cow and have plenty of reason to be sticking around for a long time.

Drake Sigar said...

Wouldn't it make more sense to adopt a kangaroo? :P

not displayed said...

very very cute. almost as cute as Wilma :P

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

I think it's great! My little cousin (well, he isn't so little any more, come to thing of it ...) but when he was a kid, my cousin used to name every pet he had after me. Even an alligator. (not my favorite!) But a cow! Never had a cow named after me ... that's way cool!