Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Skippy Style

When your husband asks you to do something you have a few options.

You can do what he asks, no questions. [I am thinking it is a 20/80 split on this one.]
You can think about it and not do it. [This is more the 80/20 in our favor.]
You can talk about it and suggest another way to do what he asked.

Or you can just do it "Skippy Style"

Here's how you do it my way. hee

My husband came downstairs the other day, bathed, dressed and ready for his day.
Nice.

Not so fast Tadpoles.

He was wearing a shirt I have never seen before.  A shirt that I looked at and had to choke back my tea because? Seriously?  It was pretty funny.

Funny, as in "You won't be leaving the house in THAT color shirt."

[Reminder:  My husband is wicked color blind.]

We had a long, laughing, conversation about when and where the heck did he buy the dang shirt. [I refuse to even acknowledge I was even a party to this shirt.]

Between the laughing and trying to remember where exactly did this shirt come from we decided that after Sunday the shirt either needed to be donated or it was going in the garbage.

Sunday night my husband went upstairs to get ready for bed.  After he was dressed he tossed the shirt down the stairs with the dictate "YOU decide what to do with this beast."

giggle

Gauntlet thrown my sweetheart.

So you do what you do when you are me.

You enlist your youngest child and you find a new purpose for the shirt:

SKIPPY STYLE

You're welcome. giggle

[And if you are wondering - yes, I can get my pups to do anything. :)]

Edited to add: The shirt is a nasty vomit colored green. The picture does not do the color justice, but it sure looks good on the Scoobers.

17 comments:

BB said...

Looks adorable. Now tell me what exactly was wrong with that color? From here it looks like cream or ivory. I was expecting a horrid chartreuse or peuce color.

Jeannie said...

That is too sweet! Now you're making me think how to dress up Dexter. I'm sure he'd hate every minute.

that guy said...

is that mint green?


i was thinkin it was a hawaiian shirt or something..

jus sayin.

ellen abbott said...

I was gonna say...it didn't look so bad to me.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

I'm with Bruce Ithought it was going to be a horroried hawaiian shirt or bright pink but I guress vomit coloured is pretty gross too..........

Teresa said...

LOL! I was expecting really wild, not just a plain colored shirt. Very funny but it does look good on Scooby.

Juli said...

That is soooo not where I thought you were going with this post. :)

But, I'm sure your pooch can pull off just about any color... Did he (the puppy) parade around the neighboorhood with that shirt on? I bet he'd get some serious looks from the ladies...

laughingmom said...

Stopping in from Mynx's - All of my Hubby's ugliest shirts have always been green!

Lyndylou said...

I was expecting a much louder lurid top but I am getting that colour in all it's glory.....yuck!!!

not displayed said...

Not as ugly as some of Bruces shirts. They are god awful.

But it is a bit icky? His mother didnt buy it did she? My mother in law always buys hubby the most ugly brown shirts

Rebecca said...

well done but poor pup he had to wear the ugly color shirt hope he got a treat for this

RVVagabond said...

Clicking on the picture brings on the fact that Scooby's eye matches the color of the shirt. Now that is scary.

Jumble Mash said...

Hahah! Good thinking! When we were young we had a little tea cup poodle that we would dress in baby dolls clothes all the time.

LBB said...

Ha! Looks great on the dog :D

colenic said...

maybe it's just my computer but I agree with Barb that it looks kinda ivory colored.....I had a bright patterned color pictures in my head with some crazy colored pants....hugs to you...

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Too funny. Your poor hubby probably thought the shirt was white. (My husband is color blind, too.) Too bad they don't make Garanimal clothes for men, huh?

Anonymous said...

Scooby should get into modeling!

Ps

Captcha says Troutist...Is that a racist term for fish or something?