Friday, May 20, 2011

Free Meat!

And no, I don't mean....well, forget where I was going with that.

[:Waving at Pooldad:]

And if anyone asks? I do spend too much time at Sandra's site.  Just saying.

Okay - Onto the groceries.

How cool is this?  We had a coupon for our local grocery store for $10 USD off of a $25 bill.  Basically [for you math nerds] it means we received $25 worth of food for $15.

Weeehaw!

Do you want to know what we "bought" for free?

[If you are still reading, the answer would be a resounding yes. giggle]

We got a three pound London broil and a four pound roaster chicken. For FREE!

I know, it is the simple things, but if you guys were here you would be slurping up plates o' meat from the grill with the broil and then you would attempt to move in once you tasted my Chicken n' Dumplings.

I wouldn't have room for you all, but I swear you wouldn't want to leave. [I would try tho'.]

It is such a good week when you get free meat.*

*is it me, or should that statement be a bumper sticker? I think so.

14 comments:

Rudee said...

Love, love, love chicken and dumplings. Address please. Stat!

Teresa said...

yum yum yum! i love free stuff!

love some good chicken and dumplings! what's your recipe???

Unknown said...

Reading that sure made me hungry.

BB said...

Everytime we got to Cracker Barrel I have to eat Chicken N Dumplings. I'm sure yours are even better. What time is dinner? haha. Love ya.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Makes it taste even better when it is free!

Jeannie said...

Your grocery stores have always had better deals than ours. But we have a new one in town now that sent out coupons like that. So now my local gives out coupons when you buy to use the following week. Means I have to go more often but then I won't buy so much.

Southhamsdarling said...

Free food?! Brilliant. That would make it taste even better. Hee Hee! I absolutely LOVE Chicken & Dumplings. Hope you've saved me some! Another week almost over! Where does the time go?!

Lyndylou said...

yum yum, just getting on a plane now...am in need of some of mama's cooking ;) lol

Rebecca said...

i love coupons

Anonymous said...

If that gets made into a bumper sticker, more people than those who use meat coupons will be using it...

Just saying.

http://theadorkableditzmissteps.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Gotta love a man who knows how to handle his meat!
Hey.. I'm Just Sayin'...

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

I hae never had chicken and dumplings but I do love chicken and not because I can't eat steak as I have only a couple of back teeth, no that isn't the reason I just love chicken take after my mother in that regard.......
I wish I didn't have to think about cooking tea I also don't want to have to get up and go peg clothes on the line but alas it has to be done and I know me pegging clothes on the line has nothing to do with this post but hey I have no idea what I was going to say bugga Leo wanting a biscuit..........

not displayed said...

so is it better than your fried chicken? Cause I have heard that that is pretty much in demand too.

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Sounds like a good bumper sticker to me! Right up there with, "I'm a card-carrying member of PETA." (And in smaller letters: "People Eating Tasty Animals.")