Monday, May 9, 2011

I Should Say I Am Sorry, But....

...I just can't.

I really, really had to be selfish.
No, really, I did.
You'll understand. I know you will.*

For the past 4 days my beleaguered husband has been running hither and yon to take care of the three of us. He went south, then he went north and then he went errand crazy on Saturday - and let's just say it has been a loooong weekend for the poor guy.

We aren't even going to mention the flat tire on I-81 Thursday or getting lost in the mountains of Pennsylvania in the middle of the night Friday. Nope.

Long weekend. Definitely.

However, being the guy he is he managed to grill out twice this weekend.  Two of my favorites - marinated chicken breasts Saturday and for Mother's Day he made his p.e.r.f.e.c.t. London Broil.  The man ROCKS a grill Tadpoles.

:Commence drooling:

With all the things that go on with me I eat, on average, once a day. Maybe.  So when a meal presents itself and I am not queasy or having an attack I am all over it.

All over it like "Charlie Sheen with a bag of crack" all over it.

WINNING!

That is what happened to the London Broil.
Oops.
:grin:

Since Wallene wanted the leftover chicken and Squirrel is off in Bermuda somewhere, Pooldad and I had a serious piece of meat to divide between just the two of us.

Any guesses who won the split?

We had dinner. Okay, we had the meat for an appetizer while watching TV, then we had some for dinner [with grilled asparagus and baked potato, yum!] and then for dessert - we had more meat.

It was so, so, so good.

As we were polishing off the second pound of meat I mentioned to my husband that when I made lunches that night I would make him a sandwich with the leftover beef.  His face lit up and he smiled knowing how good that was going to taste.

He went to bed and I proceeded to set up to make his and Wallene's lunches.  I pulled out the beef [which he had sliced thinly for the sandwiches], the leftover chicken, macaroni salad and veggies.

I couldn't do it.
I could NOT make his sandwich.
I eyed the chicken I was going to use for Wallene's lunch and looked at the beef for his sandwich and, well...

She got peanut butter and jelly.

I got a midnight snack.


*Unless you are a vegetarian, then I do apologize for this post.

Have a great Monday gang! See you on the flip side.

18 comments:

Lyndylou said...

ha ha ha you are very funny! Bad girl, I love it :)

Celia said...

You can say the dog ate it.

Travelin' Mike said...

Nice!! Hope you enjoyed it! =)

Southhamsdarling said...

You little piggy, you!! LOL! I expect Wallene would have been just as happy with the peanut and jelly! I thought you were going to say that you eat the beef for Pooldad's sandwich! You didn't, did you??!! ... I love the new blue look of your blog, with the map in the background. Very nice.

BB said...

This one makes me want to jump up and down and scream yippee. You ate like a little piggy and I'm so happy you were able too. That's so good. Woo hoo!

Anonymous said...

Reminding me of the leftover shortbread cookies that mom got for the moms in our lives.

http://theadorkableditzmissteps.blogspot.com/

pooldad said...

I made it, skippy loves it. Win, win there tadpoles. There is so little she can eat on a regular basis so I'm happy she could handle it.

I DO crush on thr grill. She is right about that. lol

colenic said...

That is awesome...now I want a steak dinner....hmm...will have to go find something. Hope that you had an awesome day today!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Good for you!!! Sounds like a very happy Mothers Day! Mine was a little lonely, but I was so weak and tired that I slept most of the day. Gotta get my strength up for all those reservations on the phone. Can't turn them away, I need to fill all my spaces. It is all fodder for the book ......

Sally said...

I'm sure that if you felt like eating the chicken or the london broil, no one in your family would begrudge you that one! It sounds delicious, too!

not displayed said...

Keep feeding her up Pooldad. Good that she is eating.
Love the new look too. The blue is stunning

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

And who got blamed for eating the leftovers.........the dog or did you fess up and admit it was you....

Unknown said...

You have to love a man who can ROCK the grill! You had me droolin' btw....

PS My "verification word" is reejois (rejoice!) :)

Rebecca said...

haha that was pricless and i agree when your presented with good food and a stomace that will agreee i say eat up my friend

ellen abbott said...

oh, Skippy, you are so bad.

life in the mom lane said...

check your gmail... sent you a link

that guy said...

i missed this...

i blame the weatherman.

or just the weather.

mmmmmmm steak!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! Hilarious.
By the way, I'm like you--I only get around to eating about once a day . . . okay, plus a large bowl of popcorn after dinner. =) That means that when I chow down, I can really go for it.