Sunday, May 1, 2011

Did You Forget Your Father Is a Poolman?

I think it is safe to assume you all know my husband is in the swimming pool business. ::waving at Pooldad::  What you may not realize that - as we come into spring headed for summer - this is the busiest month of the year for him at work.  He is in charge of the crews that open the customers' pools in time for the season [and clean them all summer, closing them in the fall.]

May has extremely long days where he doesn't get home until 9 or 10 pm most nights. The whole family knows this and accepts it for what it is.

I thought the kids knew that it is nigh impossible for Dad to get a day off this month.

That's what you get for thinking Skippy.

This week he has not one, but two road trips to take with the kids.  On Thursday he has to pick up Squirrel at college and move her home. Friday finds him on the road to Hershey Park to chaperone a bunch of giggling 13 year old girls. [Reason #426 why I am happy I can't drive.]

Such a good Daddy.

Then, nearer to the end of the month, he is off [returning to Pennsylvania]  to move Squirrel [yet again] into an apartment for her summer internship.

For all the road trips he has, he also has to make a little bit of time for our Anniversary and Mother's Day, both of which occur this coming weekend.

I think I should change his moniker from Pooldad to Superman.

Love ya' honey! See you in June. :)

15 comments:

Southhamsdarling said...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again Skippy - "YOU'VE GOT A GOOD ONE THERE!!" It's lovely that you have such a strong family unit, and I'll drink to that! Cheers!

ellen abbott said...

superman indeed!

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

Wow, superman it is huh? You are lucky to have such a sweet, capable, trustworthy, honest, loyal driver of kids....that sorta sounded like a boy scout there for a minute huh?
Happy Anniversary to the sweetest couple. You are both lucky to have each other.
TOB

Jeannie said...

I feel for him. It's tough when the work is seasonal. My guys have been giving estimates for over a month and next week starts the 12 hour minimum days for the next 5 - 6 months. They do get Sundays off and Saturdays mostly although they might put a few hours in. I don't envy them. And yeah - I get a birthday and mother's day in there too but never obligate them to do much beyond saying the words.

that guy said...

cheers for pooldad!

god bless him!

form now on we will call him

soooperdoooperpoolerdooperdad!

or something like that...

BB said...

I think he needs to wear a t-shirt with THEE mighty "S" on the front. Don't you? What a good guy and a good dad. He's a keeper!

Anonymous said...

My husband saved us 150 bucks by installing a dishwasher - I think we are both lucky in the hubs department!

Unknown said...

Wouldn't want his schedule this month. Good luck to Superman.

Jennifer said...

What an awesome hubby you have, Skippy! Superman indeed! :D

Celia said...

Glad you have a great guy there.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

What a great father he is some wouldn't want to be bothered, he is more like superdad then pooldad isn't he.

What day in May is your anniversary?

May is a quite month for us only Mother's Day and my nans birthday at the end of the month.

Rebecca said...

a definite superman and he totally has my respect for being in the pool business because right now i'm seriously hating mine.

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9vrfEoc8_g

that guy said...

youz beenz awarded....
come and get it

Rank up by seo said...

Thanks for sharing this information. I really like your blog post very much. You have really shared a informative and interesting blog post with people..
teacup dachshund