Thursday, May 26, 2011

Roadtrips Give Me Insomnia

Seems to me that everytime we have an extended distance to drive I find myself unable to sleep the night before.

Take today's trip for example.

I was good.  I went to bed at 9:30 last night for our 6 am wake up call, but I cannot sleep.  I woke up at 11 pm when Pooldad came to bed and then tossed and turned for two more hours. I had to get up. I just can't lie in bed, awake.

I can't sleep. I am not even tired.

I don't have anything to do for this trip tomorrow. It is all done. The car is packed, the bike is attached - we just have to get everyone up and out by 8 am. No problem - that's easy.

So why can't I sleep?

It's not a terribly long trip [5 hours roundtrip] and I know the Squirrel is all good where she is going [the child is about to burst!] I really have no worries.  Heck, the shower in the morning concerns me more then the details of this trip.

What is the deal?

Oh well, I will get a nice little nap in the car and be all refreshed when we arrive in lovely Pennsylvania.

Hope you all have a fabulous Thursday Tadpoles.  See ya' on the return trip. :)

17 comments:

RV Vagabonds said...

Even though we have been moving to new campgrounds weekly/biweekly/etc for years, on the night before we move I can't sleep. I toss and turn and check the clock at least hourly. Anticipation? Worrying about forgetting to do something on our moving checklist? No clue. Just can't sleep.

word vert: pawer. We are still having pawer issues with our rig.

RV Vagabonds said...

Even though we have been moving to new campgrounds weekly/biweekly/etc for years, on the night before we move I can't sleep. I toss and turn and check the clock at least hourly. Anticipation? Worrying about forgetting to do something on our moving checklist? No clue. Just can't sleep.

word vert: pawer. We are still having pawer issues with our rig.

RV Vagabonds said...

I hate blogger.

Diane Laney Fitzpatrick said...

I often can't sleep before a trip or any big event. I think mine is a fear of sleeping in, so I wake up every few hours, check the time, and then have an increasingly hard time getting back to sleep.
Have a great trip!

Odie Langley said...

It happens to all of us at one time or another. Hope your thursday is awesome.

Rudee said...

I'm the same way. That's a long enough drive to catch up. Have fun!

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Sometimes we can sleep great; sometimes we can't. I've learned to stop stressing about it. If I wake up in the middle of the night and can't fall back to sleep, I just get up and fix myself a cup of tea or glass of milk. I figure whatever sleep I miss out on one night, I'll make up for in another.

Jeannie said...

Trips of any length always give me a slight bit of anxiety even though there is nothing to be anxious about. Maybe it's just human nature or conditioning when we were young. My mother was always a basket case.

Thisisme. said...

Phew! Thank goodness I am going to be able to post a reply to this! I'm the same as you on this one Skippy. If I have a trip coming up the next day, I always have a very restless night ! Strange, isn't it?! By the way, tell Wallene to check out my blog!

B said...

I know exactly how you feel! I am the same- have a safe trip!!! :)

becca said...

i get that way but it's from the excitement of the impending trip

Teresa - in the Middle Side of Life said...

I'm the same way, but it really sucks when "I'm" the driver! Or, when we're flying somewhere early in the morning and I have to be the responsible party.

have fun; be safe...

(btw, did she like her card?)

Jumble Mash said...

Anytime I know I have something unusual to do the next, be it a road trip, a meeting, or even a hair appointment, I cannot sleep if my life depended on it. I always think I'm going to sleep in a be late so I constantly check the clock.

Phelan said...

next time call me I am up rather late.

shanananana said...

I can never sleep before trip or any event that requires early rising, no matter how tired I get.

christopher said...

Have a great road trip. :)

Jo-Anne Rambling said...

I do not have that problem ever I can sleep any time no matter how excited I am also I always sleep in the car on long trips one of the ways I do not have to watch hubby drive sometimes he drives way to fast for my likeing.