Thursday, May 19, 2011

I Like Days Like Today

No, let me rephrase that.

I LOVE days like today!

It is EARLY SHIFT DAY! 

Wooohoo!

These are the days that Pooldad gets home around 4 pm.  He should have 10 a month but Bee, his coworker, likes these shifts better so she takes the majority of them, especially during the spring rush.  This makes the days he actually works only 8 hours extra special. For him and for me. :)

He comes home in the daylight. We hang out. He relaxes. Maybe we grill out or take a walk with the pups.

It's nothing terribly exciting but it is definitely my favorite kind of day in the spring time.

Hope you all are having a great Thursday. See ya' on the flipside!

ETA @ 7:00 pm :  OMG! OMG!  We are grilling out London Broil again.  Life is so good! YAY! And I am getting fat. Whooopeee!

12 comments:

Rudee said...

Here's hoping nobody has a pool crisis. Enjoy the day!

BB said...

I remember those kinds of day when the restaurants were slow and we could go home early. It was the best! Enjoy!!

ellen abbott said...

Enjoy!

Drew's Mom said...

Hope you guys enjoy your "Early" day!

Unknown said...

Here's hoping your time together will be so very special & precious.

Southhamsdarling said...

It's wonderful when people can get home from work early, and I know that you really appreciate that extra time with Pooldad. Wonderful - enjoy it! x

Anonymous said...

Yay Pooldad!

http://theadorkableditzmissteps.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Here's a toast to "Early Days". It's nice to be able to spend some extra time with the loved ones, especially in the spring! :D

Tony Van Helsing said...

I finish at 15:00 on early shift and if it's the weekend and sunny me and my wife like to sit in the garden with a bottle of wine. Bliss.

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Think of them as stolen hours; makes 'em all that much better. (and romantic)

Celia said...

Alright! Quality time.

Teresa said...

that sounds like a great day! the steak sounds yummy. i fixed some kind of steak tonight in my NuWave. It was as close to grilling out as I could come up with.