Friday, May 27, 2011

Name One

Just ONE bone in my body that does not hurt this morning.

I think my even my hair hurts. heehee

I feel like an eighty year old woman that has been thrown into the spin cycle on the washer.

Those sounds you hear?  Those would be my bones - when I can move.

But? Going along for the trip to Pennsylvania was totally worth it.

We had a few hiccups in the beginning - someone [not me!] was a wee bit late getting up, it took me a while to get moving to get out the door [breathe Skippy, breathe] and we had to return because someone forgot to pack her television - but over all?  It was a really nice trip.

A few highlights:


  • It is a beautiful and easy drive
  • We didn't get lost - but of course we wouldn't because I was navigating and Pooldad was driver [please take this with a grain of salt...giggle]
  • Toll booth operators in Pennsylvania are some very, very friendly people [They could teach Virginia toll booth operators a thing or two]
  • Squirrel's apartment is NICE!  I asked her "They are paying you to stay here?" Yep! It is included in her stipend. Wow.  Oooh and it has it's own washer and dryer too!
  • It was hot, damn hot.  And, of course her apartment was up a hill along a brick path that we were told not to drive on [to unload] but the very, very nice women in student housing said that Pooldad could drive me up there to get me closer to the front door. I mentioned that next time we are bringing my chair instead of the cane.  Why does my daughter always seem to pick college campuses that are situated in the mountains I have to ask.
  • Prices are insanely cheap in Pennsylvania [as opposed to here] - .25 cents cheaper for gas [fill her up!] bread, chicken, milk [$1 cheaper! Are you kidding me?]  Everything.  We need to move.
  • We bought all her groceries [breakfast, lunch & dinner] for the week for $67 and that was with condiments and everything - she has enough food for herself and to share if she likes.  Amazing. The kid knows how to plan & shop tho' - I was very proud of her for that and I am not so "Mommy worried" that she won't be eating.
  • There is nice little deli right down the hill from her apartment where she can relax and have a treat if she likes.
  • She will be there alone until Tuesday when the rest of her roommates show up, but she has her computer, television, phone, etc...Work doesn't start until Wednesday but we had to take her a little early due to Pooldad's work schedule.  She doesn't mind tho'. [At least I don't think so. :( ]
Speaking of Pooldad - my lovely husband drove there, unloaded all her stuff, hoofed it up two flights of stairs [in the heat. Again, the heat!] took her grocery shopping and took excellent care of me.  After a fun few hours in Pennsylvania he drove us back home, dropped me off [to pass out] and went to work!  He worked from 5 pm until 10:30 pm.  Then he had to get up for early shift today.

Do I have an amazing husband or what? YAY :love ya' Pooldad!:

I think I will definitely be overlooking a few moans and creaks today considering.

Hope you all are having a spectacular Friday Tadpoles!  See ya' on the flipside. :)


17 comments:

Southhamsdarling said...

Hi my little Skippy pal! I've said it before, and I'll say it again, that Pooldad of yours is one in a million, and you are blessed to have him. But i'm sure you are more than well aware of that already! Sorry that all your bones are aching today. Hope you will be able to have a restful weekend to get over your trip to Pennsylvania. I'm so glad that Squirrel's apartment is nice. At least you won't worry about her quite so much now - hopefully!! Hee Hee!! Have a lovely weekend my friend, and take care of those little bones!!! Hugs.

Jeannie said...

You have a great guy there! Glad Squirrel's situation is good - a load off your mind I'm sure. She'll have a jump on all the others being there first - good position to be in and she'll be settled and more relaxed for the start of work.

Take care of yourself. Rest. I'm sure the day was worth the price.

Teresa said...

He's a great one, that's for sure!

it sounds like one amazing day. where are the pictures of this cool place? it sounds really cute.

have a great weekend!

Yum Yucky said...

I you adopt my greedy children, my grocery bill will ALSO only be $67. Don't you want that for me? xo

Unknown said...

Your hubby & I are a lot alike, not that I am claiming compliments like these sweet folks have been saying about him. My Linda because of her knees & diabetes can't do a lot of walking or carrying heavy things so I get a lot of exercise doing for her as well. I am blessed with good health and praise God for that. Have a wonderful weekend.

BB said...

Skippy, at least you got to get out and travel and spend quality car time with Squirrel and PD to earn those achy and creaky bones. Is is any wonder why Squirrel is such a good level headed young lady? I believe she has your genes. Give PD an extra big hug.

life in the mom lane said...

I'm happy that everyone has been so welcoming here in good old PA- sometimes this is not the case depending upon which part of the state you are in- and amazingly enough cheergirlies says many of the same nice things about the people she encounters in school down in Harrisonburg!! Have a great weekend!
Where is Squirrel anyways?

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Some things are worth the aches and pains. You wouldn't have been satisfied that your daughter was gonna be ok unless you saw it with your own eyes. Mom's are like that. Now, take care of yourself!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Yes, he is a keeper! Hope tomorrow is a better day!

Patty said...

I'm from PA! Beyond the heat I think it's the humidity. Glad you liked that corner of the world.

Mustang Sally said...

Yep, gotta agree, that PoolDad is a keeper. Road trips can be fun but seems like they're always exhausting. Rest them bones, they'll be better tomorrow.

not displayed said...

nice for you to get out of the house and see where your beautiful daughter will be living.
Hope you are feelign a bit brighter now. I know PD will have been looking after you wonderfully

Hugs my lovely friend

Rebecca said...

wow superman does exist. sounds like you had a wonderful time and squirrels place sounds lovely. happy to hear she is all settled and ready for the internship and i hope your bones feel better soon. want me to send some WD-40 to help..lol hope you have a wonderful and restful weekend.

My Life

themajessty said...

I live vicariously through other people, so I'm kind of squealing in glee that you have a guy and stuff.

And you sound like you had a great time.

Have a great weekend tooo.

pooldad said...

I blush as I write this. Thanks for the kind words, tadpoles. I was raised by great parents. Give them the props.

Also, there is nothing I won't do for my Skippy. It's really not much effort at all.

I think Squirrel brought her bed. How much crapazoola do you need for ten weeks?

Anonymous said...

That is a wonderful "Superman" husband of yours Skippy. I hope my future husband will be that awesome.

Squirrel sounds like she's doing awesome!

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Doesn't it suck when someone oversleeps and then you leave somthing behind. You have a great hubby although mine is pretty cool eventhough I bitch about him at times he has moved our eldest daughter 7 times in 7 years...........

It is good that he was able to drive up to drop you off.