I think my even my hair hurts. heehee
I feel like an eighty year old woman that has been thrown into the spin cycle on the washer.
Those sounds you hear? Those would be my bones - when I can move.
But? Going along for the trip to Pennsylvania was totally worth it.
We had a few hiccups in the beginning - someone [not me!] was a wee bit late getting up, it took me a while to get moving to get out the door [breathe Skippy, breathe] and we had to return because someone forgot to pack her television - but over all? It was a really nice trip.
A few highlights:
- It is a beautiful and easy drive
- We didn't get lost - but of course we wouldn't because I was navigating and Pooldad was driver [please take this with a grain of salt...giggle]
- Toll booth operators in Pennsylvania are some very, very friendly people [They could teach Virginia toll booth operators a thing or two]
- Squirrel's apartment is NICE! I asked her "They are paying you to stay here?" Yep! It is included in her stipend. Wow. Oooh and it has it's own washer and dryer too!
- It was hot, damn hot. And, of course her apartment was up a hill along a brick path that we were told not to drive on [to unload] but the very, very nice women in student housing said that Pooldad could drive me up there to get me closer to the front door. I mentioned that next time we are bringing my chair instead of the cane. Why does my daughter always seem to pick college campuses that are situated in the mountains I have to ask.
- Prices are insanely cheap in Pennsylvania [as opposed to here] - .25 cents cheaper for gas [fill her up!] bread, chicken, milk [$1 cheaper! Are you kidding me?] Everything. We need to move.
- We bought all her groceries [breakfast, lunch & dinner] for the week for $67 and that was with condiments and everything - she has enough food for herself and to share if she likes. Amazing. The kid knows how to plan & shop tho' - I was very proud of her for that and I am not so "Mommy worried" that she won't be eating.
- There is nice little deli right down the hill from her apartment where she can relax and have a treat if she likes.
- She will be there alone until Tuesday when the rest of her roommates show up, but she has her computer, television, phone, etc...Work doesn't start until Wednesday but we had to take her a little early due to Pooldad's work schedule. She doesn't mind tho'. [At least I don't think so. :( ]
Speaking of Pooldad - my lovely husband drove there, unloaded all her stuff, hoofed it up two flights of stairs [in the heat. Again, the heat!] took her grocery shopping and took excellent care of me. After a fun few hours in Pennsylvania he drove us back home, dropped me off [to pass out] and went to work! He worked from 5 pm until 10:30 pm. Then he had to get up for early shift today.
Do I have an amazing husband or what? YAY :love ya' Pooldad!:
I think I will definitely be overlooking a few moans and creaks today considering.
Hope you all are having a spectacular Friday Tadpoles! See ya' on the flipside. :)