Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I Rate a 97%...Who Knew?

Wallene had a project for school where she had to write something about someone who meant something to her.

She presented us with a lovely poster with a poem for her best friend Layton.  It was heartfelt and beautifully decorated.  We congratulated her on a job well done, because it was, and assured her it was an A. She put a lot of work into it. I told her that she should give it to Layton after she received the grade.

Little trickster.

It was a ruse.  She fooled us.

Instead she submitted a booklet about me and her.

It is a mini photo album with words and pictures.

These are her words:

To Never Let Go


There is someone everyone needs
And someone you can always trust
This someone always cares for you
And they always know who you are

A Mom is important to have
She takes care of you
Watches out for you
And keeps you up when you are feeling down

She keeps you happy
Plays games with you
Makes you laugh
And just makes your day brighter

My Mom is all of these descriptons
Eventhough with her illness
She makes my days wonderful
No matter what mood she is in

For all that has been going on for my Mom
She has always been there for me
And she always will be
My Mom means the world to me

Forever friendship

She's never let me down
As I know I never will
She makes me smile when I am feeling blue
And makes me laugh until my eyes water

My Mom is incredibly important to me
And I will love her forever
She is the perfect Mother
And I will never let her go

Dedicated to my Mom - "Skippy"

~~~~

Her grade was a 97%. [Hence the post title]

Sometimes I forget that the kids know. That they know I am sick and I am doing the best I can.

Then, for Mother's Day, I receive this beautiful gift and wonder what the heck I am doing.

My life isn't predicated on the past. It is in the present and for the future. I look forward to it.

Thank you Wallene.

I love you and I am so glad "I had to have you."

Special little girl.

25 comments:

Phelan said...

awww. . . what a sweetie. (as for mother's day, when medium gave me the love notes I broke down completely. He knows what is going on, we talked with all the boys about it.)

Jeannie said...

Phelan stole my awww.

This brought tears to my eyes. What a kid! Give her a big hug for me. And get one back from her for me too. You both deserve it.

Love you.

ellen abbott said...

you are a truly incredible woman and your daughter knows it. how much better does it get?

Celia said...

That's so sweet. She deserves 100%

Rudee said...

It's a beautiful gift.

BB said...

I told you she's going to be just fine! What a beautiful post. She's definitely got your heart! What a sweetie pie. Tell her Auntie Barb is so proud of her doing this! Now stop crying Mom!

that guy said...

ok

love the new look...

did i sleep thru another day? where'n did this happen?

you are important to a lot of people...
and wallene can see how great you are even in your condition...

the gift of life is repaid in the gift of touches...and not just physical touches...we all should strive to touch more people!

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

There is no gift in the world, no matter how extravagent, no matter how beautiful that could've ever compared to this wonderful gift from your daughter. What a beautfiul story.

I'm visiting your blog on the recommendation of Odie, whose blog I also visited for the first time today. (so many blogs, so little time!)

Take care.

life in the mom lane said...

Skippy that is probably the best mothers day gift you could ever get! *hugs*

life in the mom lane said...

oh yeah - this is life in the mom lane :)

colenic said...

Pretty amazing kid you've got there...but since we all know how amazing you are...it comes as no surprise....hugs to you all...

Unknown said...

You couldn't buy a gift better than that my friend.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I have tears streaming down my face Skippy - so sweet!

And I want to thank you for your comment today - while I can stress over not having insurance for a month or so, your comment put it all in perspective - I cannot even imagine how you go through your day without insurance with what you have going on - it was a gentle slap on my face to realize I still have it easy - thank you for that!!!

HUGS!

Southhamsdarling said...

I bet you felt really blessed when you read that wonderful tribute from your Wallene to you - a mum who is much loved. I would have been blubbing!! Tell Wallene that I think she's very special. I just love your beautiful little family, dear friend. Sending big hugs to you.

Lyndylou said...

that is truly lovely! Did you cry cos it made me well up? Well done to your lovely girl.

Rebecca said...

aw what a beautiful gift. it's a treasure to have such a wonderful daughter

Sandra said...

Beautiful! I think you guys have a good family thing going for everyone. It's clearly a home filled with love.
...I got a ceramic ashtray...I don't smoke...

Anonymous said...

That girl deserves many gold stars :)

You have a special daughter :)

http://theadorkableditzmissteps.blogspot.com/

IdealWasteofTime said...

Awww... thanks you guys. I appreciate the comments :D My blog is being :P and it's been being :P for the past 3 months >:PPPPP!!! <3 you all!!! xoxo!

word of verification: holayse*
I will use holayse in my dinner tonight.
*mixture of horse meat and mayonaise.
gross right? thats what popped into my head. :DDDD

Jennifer said...

Comes as no surprise. You are very much loved. Soak it all up. Hugs :)

Yum Yucky said...

oh my gosh. I have watery eyes. That was beautiful.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

It is things like this that makes us mums so proud of our children sometimes they can surprise us and we do need to be surprised from time to time.........she is such a sweetheart and she has an amazing mother who teaches by example.

RVVagabond said...

Special little girl, special mom. Whatta pair!

Sally said...

So very sweet! A special girl and a mama that is very loved...

Diane Laney Fitzpatrick said...

So so sweet! Give yourself credit for raising that sweetheart. :)