Saturday, September 4, 2010

13 Years Feels Like 13 Days - Now Break Out the Cupcakes!!

Told ya' she was a natural red head.
This is my baby.  
My pride and joy.  
My confidant. 
My miniature partner in crime.
  
The kid whose ankles I have so firmly in my grasp she is NEVER leaving home. EVER.   Trust me.

Boy-o I love this child.

I can't believe she is 13 years old today.

[ And yes. It is actually a requirement of Mommy bloggers everywhere to state this every time one of our progeny hits a milestone birthday.  Look it up:  Page #12, paragraph 4, number 63 in the Code Book.]

Y'all are well acquainted with the antics our youngest - and your cards and gifts this week have filled her days with joy.  I truly appreciate all the kind thoughts in making my baby girl feel special.

Because that is exactly what Wallene is - a very special little girl.  And she is all mine.

Lucky - ain't I?   

~ ~ ~ [The following is posted by a decidedly not a Mommy blogger.]

She was quite literally our surprise. She is the greatest gift Skippy ever gave me. She came into this world two  weeks early.  I suppose she didn't want to miss out on all the fun. 

She is full of mischief and curiosity.

She has her Mother's heart of gold and her (ahem) penchant for getting into trouble was no doubt inherited from me. As her father, I wonder every day how much more I could do for her. It's funny but every day she still makes me feel like uber-dad. 

Yesterday? I fed her a bottle. Today? She turned into a teenager. Tomorrow? She will change the world. 

Wow.

She is my Porcupine and I could not imagine life without her.

Thank  you Skippy. 

Happy Birthday Wallene.

Love, Dad 










5 comments:

Sandra said...

How cool is that that Wallene and Terran share a birthday!

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

Wallene I'm sure realizes that she is also a lucky young one. She has a special relationship with both of you and that is a treaure worth more than money can buy. Makes me happy that the three of you have each other at home to harrass each other, care for each other and cherish each other. Blessed to be a blessing, and don't you forget it. XXOO The Olde Bagg
Happy Birthday Wallene

Yum Yucky said...

I love this. Happy Birthday, Wallene. :)

RVVagabond said...

Tears.

Kate said...

Ahem. Back on line! I know her birthday was wonderful, and I hope my card came - I'm worried because sometimes the Canada to US mail is wonky! Anyways, Happy (at this point really belated) Birthday!