Sunday, February 21, 2010

A+ Cute

This is Wallene's project for genetics in her science class. I know! I wondered what dragons had to do with genetics too! The teacher thought that to make it fun for the kids she would put the students in pairs and each one had to make a dragon with certain genetic qualities and then after they were "mated" the kids had figure out the probability of certain traits in the dragon babies from each dragon parent.

The reason I think this guy is so cute [and worthy of an A+] is the dragon was supposed to be made out of construction paper and markers, but seems Wallene had grandiose plans and wanted to make a 3-D clay model of her "Sparky". She spent four hours today putting this together - the grass is clay pressed through a garlic press and for a little comic relief she had him set the grass on fire and added a fish pond. :D

In other Mommy blogger news [yawn] my nice husband went to the library yesterday and brought me home a gazillion books including two low sodium cookbooks [yum!] and he went to the craft store and bought me a latch hook rug kit so I don't lose my mind while I am still on bedrest. It is a really pretty throw rug size with a lighthouse on it. It is very relaxing and I am so glad because everyone is back to school tomorrow. :( I figure I should have the rug done by Friday at this rate. heehee.

Hope everyone has a great week!

7 comments:

life in the mom lane said...

As a teacher (of sorts) I would have to give her an A+! That was really cute....

Do you do sudoku? or majhong? They are mindless and can keep you occupied :)
What about cross stitch?

Yum Yucky said...

I knew it was clay grass! ha! But why does that make me hungry? Surely something is wrong with me. (VERY nice project!)

And your [yawn] made me yawn. A blog is very contagious.

Rudee said...

It is an A+ project. I like the idea of this assignment. It reminds me of what happened when Donkey and the Dragon got together at the end of Shrek: fire breathing donkeys.

Teresa said...

That is an awesome project that she has done! I'm quite impressed.

A friend got me a couple of cookbooks but I haven't had time to look through them yet.. Fix - Freeze - Feast (a prepare in bulk cookbook) and Once-a-month Cooking.

Diane Laney Fitzpatrick said...

Rug hooking is fun! I used to do it in high school. It's easy and you can watch TV while you do it.

RVVagabond said...

Excellent imaginative use of materials on the project!

Lighthouse rug kit, bonus! Hope it helps with the boredom.

Word verification; losit. If Skippy doesn't get out of bed soon she's going to losit. What a no-brainer!

Freely Living Life said...

Very creative project! :) An A+ for sure!