Monday, November 2, 2009

Have A Few Minutes?

The most inspiring blog I read is Eva's at 65 Red Roses. She has Cystic Fibrosis and although she received a lung transplant last year her body is now rejecting her new lungs.
~
She is an incredibly lovely young lady who keeps her spirits up everyday knowing that without a new transplant she may not live much longer. Her lung capacity is now below 16%. She is on oxygen full time but still manages to live her life, enjoy her family and friends and encourage everyone around her.
~
Since she is basically home all the time she loves to receive mail. I am hoping that one or two of you would be kind enough to drop her a note or a postcard to lift her spirits. I don't think she will mind me posting her address [as it is on her blog] and hopefully she will receive a bit more mail from tadpoles.
~
What do you say gang? Can you spare a few minutes and a stamp to drop her a line?
~
Her address is:
~
Eva Markvoort
217 Third Avenue
New Wesminster [it is written this way on her blog - but I don't know if it is "Westminster"
British Columbia
Canada
V3L 1L9
~
I would really appreciate any happiness you can send her way. Thanks tadpoles.

PS - From the US it is .98 cents for a letter or postcard - although I know I have a few Canadian readers - I don't know what the postage is from your province.

2 comments:

Yvo Sin said...

Haven't had time to drop by here as often as I'd like (haven't been reading blogs... just reading textbooks!)... but I'm going to jot off a note to her right now. I don't think I have any postcards at work but I'll find some bright paper.

You are awesome, J. I hope you know that.

Gail said...

How sweet!