Saturday, November 7, 2009

FaceBook

I am not the most computer literate person, admittedly. And I always brushed aside things like Facebook and MySpace.

I ended up on Facebook a few weeks ago in a very roundabout way, but I have to say I am happy I am there now.

I talk to my kids so much more than before. My friends that are in far flung locations keep me updated on their adventures and share their friends [bonus] and I have found so many of my high school and college classmates - it is amazing!

Plus there is this lil' game on there called Bejeweled [thanks a lot Linda!] that helps me while away a few minutes of my day. And ignore my laundry [thanks Linda :)!]

All in all I have to say it is a pretty neat place to be.

8 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I got hooked on Mafia Wars last winter..... My grandson sent me an invite (who syas no to grandsons?). My kids love bejeweled, too. I am showing great restraint and not doing this.... no I am not!

Marni said...

I'm out there too if you wanna be my friend.

Hugs

Jeannie said...

I've had Facebook for a while. I played along with a couple of the add-ons but my computer - which I desperately need for bookkeeping - started doing wonky things. So I stopped. I feel rude for ignoring all the requests but business is more important than pleasure when it comes to my computer.

Diane Laney Fitzpatrick said...

Oh you poor thing. You poor, poor thing. Your life, as you knew it, is over.
My husband strongly encouraged me to get a Facebook page a long time ago and now I'm an addict. It's worse than heroin.

RVVagabond said...

Bejeweled is my mindless get-away time. I don't join all the apps, I don't send smiles and flowers and all that stuff for the most part. Just update briefly, play some Bejeweled. However, I did find my best friend from high school after looking for her for a lot of years, so there's definitely something to be said for it.

life in the mom lane said...

Try Farmtown... it is a lot of fun!

Ryan_GrubGrade said...

I'm addicted to Bejeweled Blitz.

Teresa said...

I like Bejeweled, too. My boys both play Mafia Wars but I haven't gotten into that or Farmville. I may though - who knows...