Saturday, January 23, 2010

Girlie? You Seriously Need to Work on Your Analogies....

I love when the kidlets rub my back. I can guilt them into it in a minute [I am a good Mommy that way] and lately I have been getting a lot of backrubs.

Mmmm. Backrubs.

Today the Squirrel needed to go change so she could go to the store with Pooldad, but she was rubbing my back and I didn't want her to go. So I pulled out THE LINE.

She attempted to leave and I responded with:

THE LINE: "You don't love me."
Squirrel: "Yes I do."
Skippy: "No, if you loved me you would stay and rub my back."
Squirrel: "Mom I love you like...uh, like...CHEESE LIKES TO MOLD."

Buh?

Whatthehell does that mean? We laughed our behinds off.

4 comments:

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

Okay pay back for the laptop dampness is not complete.....my daughter and I sat down to read the posts and we almost died laughing. Then in comes the 9 year old and wants us to explain why we're laughing....when I read it to her she says.....what does that mean.........OMG. My sides are killing me.

Diane Laney Fitzpatrick said...

You are SO MUCH like my mom. She used to ask us for back rubs all the time. Over the years we bought her all kinds of those wheelie back massage things and wiry head massagers. When she died we divided them up among us, like we did with her dishes and other stuff. I have three of them in my house right now. :)

life in the mom lane said...

That was too cute! I woulod say your response "THE LINE" was/is a totally appropriate response and would've used it myself given the same situation ;)

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I prefer the foot rub and my youngest is THE BEST at it! Cheese IS mold!