Thursday, September 8, 2011

Tornadoes, Earthquakes And Floods, OH MY!

Okay.  This is getting a bit ridiculous.

First it was tornadoes.

Then we had the fun lil' earthquake

Not to mention that lil' beyotch hurricane called "Irene" last month.

But now?

The rain I mentioned earlier today that I said was not so bad?  Well.....

Pooldad just called to tell me that he was unable to get to Wallene's high school to pick her up because the road has washed out.  He was stuck in a traffic jam of epic proportions while attempting a different route to get there. [I do thank goodness there IS another way to get there.  Hopefully it won't be washed out too.]

We have a new stream creating itself in our backyard. The creek next to the house is 6 inches from the sidewalk and it is still raining. HARD.  Without hope of stopping tonight.

I know it is hard all over the U.S., especially in Texas with the dryness and wildfires - and we have been praying for all of our friends there that they are spared from the fires and safe.

I think I am going to start saying a few of those prayers for Virginia, Maryland and DC now.  Because it looks as tho' we are going to need it.

Have a good evening Tadpoles.  Thank goodness we all know how to swim in the "pond".

14 comments:

Yart said...

Hope you all dry out soon!

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Yipes. Kinda makes ya wonder when the locusts are coming . . .

Jeannie said...

Hope it stops before there's damage. The world is certainly getting to be an interesting place to be. There's no telling what Mother Nature will throw at us next.

LBB said...

I hope the weather get back to normal for you :) Its been a crazy!

Juli said...

Definitely no drought in sight.

It's supposed to be beutiful this weekend though.

Teresa said...

yikes! i have a friend in Austin; she said they can smell the smoke and her neighborhood is on high alert. praying for all these weather conditions to straighten up!

Southhamsdarling said...

Eeek! I hope you are all okay there this morning my friend, with no damage caused. The weather has been so freaky this year. It's unbelievable really, and you wonder what it's going to throw at us next! Keep safe, and I hope the events you have planned for the weekend will still be able to go ahead. Hugs to you all.

ellen abbott said...

The planet has gone crazy. Maybe she's going through menopause.

Anonymous said...

I was flipping channels last night and they were talking about all the rain in Virginia, but I was mostly surprised that my grandparents tiny town of Warsaw made the map!

Hang in there - thankfully you all know how to swim. :D Hope you are feeling good today!

Diane Laney Fitzpatrick said...

I'm glad I'm not a REAL tadpole swimming in your pond. I could drown!

(My word verification is huffi. As in, "Don't get huffi with me, missy!")

Rudee said...

What a mess this weather has made. Stay safe, Skippy.

Celia said...

Yikes! Stay safe over there and hopefully it won't rain frogs.

Anonymous said...

The weather is really strange isn't it?
It's been warm here in Ireland today.

Enjoy your Weekend.

Hugs
Eva

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I wonder about lots of things, you know. But, if they can lay pipeline to deliver oil and gas, it would stand to reason that water could be diverted using this method. Your water could go to Texas. You would not be flooded and Texas could douse the fire. I know, I know, it is not quite that simple and would be expensive. But, wouldn't it create jobs? And save homes, not to mention lives?