Sunday, September 25, 2011

Dog - Be Quiet!

You know you wear a baseball cap WAY too often when . . .

You bathe. wash your hair, blow dry, curl it and when you walk in the room your dog growls at you because she thinks you are a stranger.

I think I need to get out more. heehee [Or bathe more often perhaps? Buy the dog glasses?]

On a fun note - we went to Wallene's band competition tonight. It will be the only one we can attend this season because it is the only one that is close to home. It is kind of a "starter" competition to get the new kids used to it.

Look! My baby!
She is right in the middle. I put an arrow on the pic' - but it is hard to see.

They did a great job, and won first place! Woot!

However, I have to be honest about that first place. We found out later that it was by default because they were the only ones in their division. giggle  Still, they looked awesome.  We are very proud of them.  It is amazing the amount of work these kids put into their marching and playing.  Nicely done Wally!

After saying goodbye to our girl [she had to take the bus back] Pooldad surprised me by taking me over to the local sport's bar. We sat out on the patio - the weather here is just gorgeous - and we had drinks while we waited for the local pizza place to cook us up a fresh pie take home. Yum!

All in all a pretty nice day.

Hope y'all have a great Sunday. See ya' on the flipside Tadpoles.

15 comments:

Southhamsdarling said...

Hi Skippy - I just had to pop over to see what you've been up to, and you certainly didn't let me down. This post really made me smile., especially about your hair and the dog's reaction. LOL! Well done to Wallene and her team-mates for coming first, even if it was by default. They certainly look very smart. It must be a wonderful sight to see and listen to as they march along. I've always loved marching bands - very stirring! Good luck to them in the rest of the competition. How lovely that you sat outside and had some drinks - it's always good to make the most of the tail end of summer. We've actually got the promise of high temperatures this week (well, high to us - in the mid-sixties! Hee Hee! I'll have you know that's positively tropical to us!!). Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Wallene :-)

Enjoy your Sunday!

Tony Van Helsing said...

Perhaps the dog needs glasses.

Jeannie said...

Maybe the dog doesn't like your choice of shampoo or hair spray?

Jeannie said...

Oh, I meant to say congrats to Wallene as well! Being the only ones in their division says quite a bit about the dedication of each member and they deserved a "win" for showing up when no one else did.

Jase said...

Love it! Great blog - awesome design! Followed! Good update!

Juli said...

I cut my hair really short after Youngest was born.

Came home and he screamed and screamed... had no idea who I was until I gave him a bottle.

:)

ellen abbott said...

Crazy dogs. When we were in town last week, Marc took the ladder out of the back and the kid's dog just went nuts barking at the ladder.

Good for Wallene.

Sous Gal said...

omg I almost wet myself laughing!!!!! And congrats to Wallene, of course they were brilliant and would have won anyway :)

Julie said...

I always knew dogs were crazy.
That's why we have a cat!!!

Teresa said...

sounds like a great day, and wonderful way to end the day! congrats to wallene for their win. doesn't matter if it was by default - they still had to do the work.

the weekend is going too fast!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the perfect day to me Skippy!

Congrats to Wallene - even if they were the only one in their category, I know its a lot of work!

Hugs!

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Wow they won good on them and then you got to have a couple of drinks and get to take home a freshly made pie sounds to me like you had a great day out.........

Now as to the dogs reaction to your hair that dog doesn't need glasses it may need it's sense of smell checked though since dogs do rely on their nose a lot, if they don't why are they always sniffing stuff.....

Crystal Pistol said...

That does sound like a great day! Simple days like that were we celebrate the kid's achievements are the best.

Wallene looks great in her uniform. I think the band is super cool. I never played in it but if I can convince one of my kids to do so I'd love it!

Celia said...

Great job on the competition! I have fond memories of band.