Thursday, September 1, 2011

Truth is Thursday. . .

Truth is .  .  . I am a wee bit cranky this morning.  I could have actually slept in this morning because Pooldad has late shift, but I forgot and got out of bed at 7:30 to get Wallene off to school.  He was already up and hanging with her. grrrrr

Truth is . . . it's all good.  Now I get to spend a couple of hours with my husband before he goes to work. And I didn't have to make lunches.  Bonus!

Truth is . . . with school in session the kidlets are back on the playground for recess.  Sweet sounds all day long and this year there are no screamers.

Truth is . . . Wallene's birthday is on Sunday and I think I am more excited than she is.  We aren't doing anything amazing, but I do like the idea of pampering her for a whole day. She is a good kid.

Truth is . . . I finally hit [and have maintained] my goal weight of 135 lbs.  It took me a year and a half to gain 17 lbs, but I did it! Woot!

Truth is . . . puberty can end at any time.  I am almost 45 years old and my face is still breaking out. What is up with that?  My teenagers have clearer skin than ol' Mom. [Better me than them tho'.]

Truth is . . . I would really appreciate it if my friend would stop questioning [arguing with] me about how I raise Wallene.  It is getting a little old. Thank you.

Truth is . . . Wallene's birthday dinner of her choice is chicken tender soft tacos, potato salad and watermelon.  We are still laughing over the weird combination.  But?  It's her day.

Truth is . . . today I making doughnuts.  That sounds good to me.

Truth is . . . I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday.  It's going to be a great one Tadpoles!

6 comments:

Tracy said...

Adult acne sucks. It hit me about 40 and I'm still going to a dermatologist. It's all hormones.

ellen abbott said...

puberty in reverse. although with me I had a reprise of acne in my mid 30s.

and tell your friend to go take a flying leap. not her daughter.

Jeannie said...

52 - and I still get 1 pimple every pms. On the up side. All that estrogen must be keeping me youthful.

Why does this friend have issues over how you raise Wallene? She's an outstanding kid! Tell her to look me up if she wants to gripe about how a kid is raised. I was way too permissive but they all turned out great. Better than I did. Kudos to them! I think people will choose the paths they want. Parents can only help them or hinder them. Read that as you wish.

I don't see anything wrong with her birthday dinner choices. Spoil away!

Strange to me that kids are in school already. I know every place is different but it just feels wrong to have school before Labour Day.

Yay! for reaching your goal weight! I'd be thrilled to come down to your goal weight.

Anonymous said...

I like your "Truth is...." posts - congrats for reaching your ideal weight! I've always had good skin, but sometimes PMS strikes lol.
Have a great day!

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

The truth is . . . I'm so old, PMS and hormonal flux is a thing of the past. The biggest problem with that? If I happen to act like a bee-itch (who me?) I got nothing to blame it on.

Juli said...

Sometimes hormones suck. Ha. Who am I kidding? They suck all the time. I'm ready to ban them from my house. :)

Thanks for playing!

:)