Sunday, September 4, 2011

Happy Birthday Wallene!

We surprised her with a new camera.  She had already received her "big" present before school started [in the way of contacts.]  She had no idea she was getting anything on her actual day, today, because she knew that we paid a lot for the contacts and those were her present.

When she opened her present she cried, she was so shocked.  Wallene never cries.  We didn't mean for that to happen.  We just wanted to surprise her.

I think we did, don't you?
Glasses by: Poindexter
Necklace courtesy of Nana
She [just now] called me from the Smithsonian's National History Museum, all excited and giggly, to tell me she has taken 247 pictures. [Her's is not Momma's lame-o camera she used to borrow, let me tell ya.] This makes us very happy.  To hear the joy in your kid's voice is the best - and this wasn't about the gift, it was about the museum. She found so many things to photograph.  

[I am SO jealous - they saw Julia Child's kitchen.  heehee]

I am a lucky, lucky woman.  I have no doubt.  Thank you for all the kind words on the last two posts.  I need to concentrate on what we do have and not what we don't.  I don't suppose some things are fair, but it is what it is - and I need to remember that life goes on and time will continue to march on.  With or without a raise, with or without me - but as long as my kids and husband are healthy and happy then I am truly blessed. 

No doubt.

I love you Wallene. So much more than you will ever know - and I know it isn't gifts that make your world go round, but I am glad that this one makes you so happy. 

And girlie?  NO, you can't take my picture.  Now Scoot.  Don't you have 1,325 pictures to take of Spot to add to the 379,419 that are already on my computer?




14 comments:

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Well Happy Birthday Wallene hope she had the best day, isn't it great when we manage to surprise our chldren it a present they love.......

Tony Van Helsing said...

Sounds like she really appreciated that present.

Rebecca said...

well she definitely looked surprised way to go mom and dad.

hope she had a wonderful day

Juli said...

Happy Birthday to your girl!

I have a cat she can take pictures of... he's very photogenic, just ask Oldest who has 762 pictures of him sleeping on his DSi. :)

Amy said...

Happy Birthday, Wallene!! What a great gift!

My reader is showing I have 27 missed posts...I am so behind. Know that I think about you guys and hope everything is going well.


xoxo

Teresa said...

that is just so awesome! love the surprise on her face.

Southhamsdarling said...

Hee Hee! Wallene certainly was surprised wasn't she, and you caught her expression perfectly. Oh my, that camera looks amazing (just seen a close up piccie on Wallene's blog). Isn't it wonderful when you can make your children as happy and excited as that. I said to Wallene on her post that the love you all have for each other always jumps off the page. I love your little family. Julia Child's kitchen?! Amazing! I loved that film. Glad your lovely daughter had such a great birthday. I'm always happy when you're happy! Hugs.

Crystal Pistol said...

I find your writing style so delightful! You have such a happy, uplifting vibe. Happy birthday to your girl! It seems like a wonderful day!

Diane Laney Fitzpatrick said...

What a great gift! Don't you love when you give a great gift to someone? It's more exciting than any gift you yourself could get. Happy birthday, Wallene!

Celia said...

Nice present!! I'm jealous!

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

What a wonderful gift, and how even more wonderful that she appreciated it so much. She's a delightful young lady. (and I believe you may have had a little something to do with that)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Wallene! Love the expression on her face!

Just sending big hugs your way - and yep, sometimes we just have to sit down, take a breath, and be thankful for what we have. :D

Lyndylou said...

Happy birthday to your lovely daughter and what a lovely picture of her getting her present :)

Anonymous said...

That face is priceless - she must have been very surprised. Cool! Hope she had a great day!
Enjoy your day my friend!