Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, No, No, Yes

I like doing these posts, I just don't do them very often.

YES - My wonderful husband made beef stew tonight.  It is one of my favorite meals that I can actually keep down, so it was a bonus all the way around.  Thank you honey!

YES - I love this quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson: "Most of the shadows of life are caused by standing in our own sunshine."

YES - The weather has been stunning. I can't remember the last time we had several days of 80 degree weather in August.

YES - Labor Day weekend is going to be here soon.  And it is Wallene's 14th birthday. Double YES!

NO - I can't remember whose blog I read that quote on, so I can't give credit. [Let me know in comments if it was you, please? And thank you!]

NO - The new Band Mom at Wallene's high school is so over the top she makes us all bananas.  It is a hard job keeping track of 130 kids, and I do appreciate her hard work, but really?  I do not need 4 emails every single day describing the same thing [in different ways] with each one taking me 30 minutes to read through [they are long!]  Get your facts straight the first time and stop over analyzing every question you are asked.  We aren't stupid, but you are condescending. [I never email her - these are mass emails to all of us.]

YES - This is the 1,000th post I have written.  Although not all 1,000 are published [I have 183 drafts kept private for my family] I have managed to publish 817 since November, 2008.  Not too shabby.

I hope your Wednesday is filled with all YES with no NOES.  Have a great one Tadpoles.  I am off to have beef stew for breakfast. :)

7 comments:

Southhamsdarling said...

What a great post Skippy! Something really different. I love beef stew as well, but we usually only have it in the winter, with dumplings. Yum! 1,000 posts - wow, that's a pretty impressive achievement, even though some of them haven't been published. That Ralph Waldo Emerson must have been quite a man, because all his quotes are really good.

Lyndylou said...

Really liked this :) and the woman with the email...eeek...I would be deleting them after having read the 1st one!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

1000! Like you some of my posts are hanging out in my computer ...... I would go out of business if I posted all my thoughts!

Tony Van Helsing said...

1000 posts is great going.

Jeannie said...

Beef stew is always a hit here too. Good plain cooking tends to stick to the ribs.

I like that this is a diary of sorts for your family. Mine isn't at all like that. I'm not sure my family wants to know.

Happy 1000! I've done many more than that and deleted probably at least that many after the fact. I should go and delete some more.

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Yes, yes, yes, I love your blog. To prove it, there's a Liebster award waiting for you on mine.

Teresa said...

great post! congrats on 1,000 posts. i'm close to 700 (after i deleted a bunch it took my count down) so i'm happy about that. but, if i add all my blogs together, then i have more than 1,000. so... that's a good thing.