Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I Am Not Going To Make It

Grrrrrrrrr.  I think I have spent too much time in the car these past few weeks because my joints are screaming at me.  We are supposed to pick up Squirrel today, but I am dreading the thought of five hours in the car and I won't even be the one driving.

I could take pain medication, the heavy duty stuffs - but it makes me a bumbling fool when I do. [Okay, okay MORE of a bumbling fool. heehee] I took a pill last night and although it helped I was stoned.  I hate that feeling and I don't think I would be a very good co-pilot for Pooldad and absolutely no help once we got there.  I would probably get us lost attempting to read the directions. :)  Besides, Squirrel's new boyfriend will be there and I am pretty sure she would like me upright at our first meeting.

Oh well...such is my life.  I will keep content knowing that our baby will be home in less than 8 hours and we get to keep her for a whole 9* days before she leaves to go back to college.

Now, what do you think she is going to want for dinner?

Hope y'all have a beautiful Wednesday and we'll see you on the flipside.

*Yes, this is me being sarcastic. Why do you ask?

11 comments:

colenic said...

Hugs to you...I know that it must be herat breaking to not be there to pick her up- just think of the smile on her face when she pulls in the driveway...hugs to you my friend...

Jeannie said...

Oh Baby. Can you take a half a pill? It IS awful being stoned when you'd like your head about you.

You'll love those 9 days. But it's so hard to let them go knowing that they are flying further and further from home and will spend ever less extended time with you. (unless they get work close to home and decide to live with you while saving for their own house)

Chicken?

Kathy's Klothesline said...

My joints have been very uncooperative of late! Must be all the bending over while weeding. I know what you mean about pain meds making you stoned. I have be trying to get by with a cocktail of aspirin and ibuprofen.

Seeing your girl will make it all worthwhile!

Tony Van Helsing said...

Can't she fly over?

Rudee said...

Oh, dear. I'm sorry you're experiencing pain. I hope you're able to come up with the right solution, which I know you will.

Feel better, and enjoy your daughter's homecoming!

Celia said...

Ugh! I'm sorry you are not feeling well. A new boyfriend! Nice. Hope he's a darn good guy.

Anonymous said...

Yep - my husband has those heavy duty pain pills - it makes him dizzy and almost drunk, but it takes the pain away.

So excited for you today!!

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

I'm so sorry for the pain. Does the hot weather make it worse? Can't blame you for not wanting to take those pills. Having your daughter home won't make it "all better," but it'll help.

I vote for fried chicken for dinner.

Southhamsdarling said...

Skippy - it really does sadden me so much to know that you are in so much pain at the moment, and just when you want to be on top form with your baby coming home again soon. I pray that you will feel better tomorrow my friend, but I think you are definitely doing the right think in not going on another journey! Sarcastic? You?! Surely not!! I agree, 9 days is not a lot, but I'm sure you will make the most of every moment. Take care = sending you a big hug from across the pond.

Teresa said...

i can totally relate to the knocked out feeling. if i take enough medicine to get rid of the headache (so i can work), then i've got too much in my system to adequately work. so, i'm working on a cocktail of 2 extra strength tylenol at work, a tylenol 3 in the morning, and a tylenol 3 and 1/2 xanax to sleep. that seems to be about the best i can muster.

hope you're better for the 9 days you have her before school starts up again.

Knitty said...

When I had debilitating headaches I was in the same situation. Function in pain, or be loopy (if not asleep for hours) on medication.

Fortunately for me, the severe headaches are a thing of the past and I am just mildly loopy (in another sense) most of the time. :-p

I would never ask if you were being sarcastic. Not only do I recognize it for what it is, I'd be afraid of your retort! LOL!