Yesterday we took Wallene school shopping. Very important trip as this is her first year in high school. We wanted to make sure she had everything she needed so it promised to be a very long day.
I wanted out of WalMart immediately upon entering, tho' it was our first stop. I thought I was over my hatred for WalMart, but I will tell you right now I will never go into our neighborhood WalMart again. Ever again. The last time I was in this particular one I swore it off [4 years ago] but this time it is going to stick.
What a mess. What chaos. What RUDE people. And I don't mean the employees. THEY were wonderful and helpful and polite.
But the customers? Jiminy Christmas. What a joke. I realize the place was packed because of back to school shopping and the impending storm but it is no reason to forget your manners folks.
Now, I was in a wheelchair, and I honestly don't expect people to watch out for me - although I am hard to miss, heehee - but when Pooldad parked me off to the side while he and Wallene gathered pens, paper and notebooks you would not believe what I witnessed. Or maybe you would, but I was stunned at how awful [and stupid] people can be. I like people watching, but this bordered on the absurd.
- Walking INTO the store through the EXIT door is just wrong. Especially when English is your first language and there are people streaming OUT of it. I am pretty sure you can read the EXIT sign gang.
- Turning your back on your toddler, who is now standing up in the seat of your grocery cart, is a recipe for disaster. PAY ATTENTION to him. If it hadn't been for Pooldad the kid would've taken a header. Picking out the perfect three ring binder for his older sister is NOT worth the concussion your kid would've incurred. [A thank you would've nice too.]
- Leaving your cart in the middle of some random aisle, removing your paid for purchases and abandoning the cart there is a douchecanoe move. You know it, I know it and when I sputter "Are you really leaving that there?" [I couldn't help myself, I was shocked.] Don't shoot me a dirty look and then drag your cart off like that was your intention the whole time. We made eye contact and? You suck.
- When someone is ahead of you online STOP running into them with your cart. We're not getting there any faster than you and hitting my wheelchair your cart does not speed up the process of check out. I wasn't even AT the register yet. After the third time of being bumped forward [with the brake on] I turn to you and say "Could you please back up a bit and not hit me?" Is not your cue to mouth "bitch" at me. Learn some patience. We ALL want out of the madhouse.
- While the optician is engaged fitting another customer with glasses is not the appropriate time to approach the optician and say [as fast as you can so no one can interrupt] "This will just take a moment. I need help. Where do I find blah, blah, blah?" You were not there first and it is not your turn. And it didn't take "just a moment" - you held those people up for quite a bit.
- When you bump into, want to get by someone or just need to see something and your view is blocked - the appropriate words are "Excuse me" or "Perdoname". Acting clueless and body slamming on purpose is unacceptable behavior in a store that is this crowded. Manners - get you some.
But, nah....not really.
I will just stay out of WalMart in my city.