Tuesday, August 23, 2011

One of My Favorite Products

I don't usually shill things on my blog, but sometimes something comes along that you just have to share.

For most of my life - okay, 43 of my 44 1/2 years, I bit my nails. [eww, I know. hush]  Anytime I wanted to have nice, long, beautiful nails I had to drop $25 for a manicure with the fake plastic tips.  Yick.

Not anymore.  After falling ill last year I stopped biting my nails and they have grown out beautifully.  But?  They are a pain in the patoot.  I obviously missed the lessons on girlie stuff earlier in life because filing, painting, polishing and keeping these suckers up had turned into a huge chore. [Don't get me started on make up.] I know I have A LOT of time to spare, but jeesh Tadpoles - I hate painting my nails.  Then waiting for them to dry.  Being careful to not smudge them.  That is a half hour I am not getting back.  BAH.

I would rather be fishing.

Anyway, I asked Wallene if she had any polish I could borrow because I was getting tired of looking at my plain ol' nails and thought I would spiff them up a bit. [Pooldad likes him some pretty nails on Skippy too!]

She gave me this:
"Mandarin Heat" by Maybelline
I saw the "Express Finish" name and the "50 second nail color" hype and thought "Yeah, sure."  But decided to try it. What the heck, right? Maybe it would dry in 5 minutes as opposed to the 10 or 15 I usually have to endure.

Wrong! This is NOT false advertising.  I am not kidding.  This stuff ABSOLUTELY dries in 50 seconds.  I think it actually dries faster and it goes on soooo smooth.  I can paint my own nails in under 5 minutes [two coats] and be able to type, pick up stuff, pet the dog - whatever - with nary a smudge.  And I am the queen of impatience, so,  for it to dry that fast and look great - well yessirree Bob!  Buy me more colors.
See:
As I said, I really hate doing my own nails, but never thought I would have the gift of not paying someone to do it for me.  Maybelline Express Finish makes it so, so easy.  If you do your own manicures I cannot recommend this enough.

*Disclaimer: blah, blah, blah - No I was not paid or given nail polish in exchange for this review. I just borrowed my daughter's polish.  Now I am going to go and clean out CVS of the other cool colors.

Hope you all are having a great Tuesday and are enjoying a sunshiny day!



6 comments:

Rudee said...

That's a pretty color on you, and your nails are beautiful!

Teresa said...

very pretty shade. i don't do well on nail painting. nails grow - i file and cut; they grow, they split - i cut. i'd like pretty nails. but... maybe the added biotin in my pill container will help.

Jeannie said...

You have lovely hands and nails! I'd run out and buy me some but it will have to wait until next year when I buy a new bottle. I only do my nails in summer when they aren't so brittle. It's nearly over and I only used this year's colour once because of the surgery and my nails NOT being nice after (must have been the drugs). They are just about ready for the polish now.

RVVagabond said...

You have lovely nail beds (yeah, you hear THAT a lot, right?) I have short, squatty nail beds. My sister inherited our mother's long, lovely nails.

I, too, am impatient with drying times so I'll have to look out for that polish. After all, beach time is coming up!

Knitty said...

I am always happy to hear a product endorsement from a person who speaks from their own experience.

Lyndylou said...

Nice colour and thanks for the recommendation as I hate waiting for my nails to dry...that's when Jack decides to have a seizure...then smudge...eeek!!!