Saturday, June 26, 2010

No Camping...But We Have Strawberry Pie!

We had to stay in town this weekend. No worries - we have an unexpected house guest and so we stayed.

Instead I decided to make stuff. The "stuff" being food. We are having a cookout tonight and so far we have:
  • Devilled Eggs
  • Hamburgers and Hot Dogs - grilled
  • Macaroni Salad
  • Baked Beans
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry Pie
  • Spice Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

Not too amazing - but I love making these kinds of meals during the summer. Wallene calls them "Thanksgiving in June". I guess if I was a nice blogger I would post pics - but we haven't eaten yet. :D

Tonight we are going to watch "Valentine's Day" and "The Tooth Fairy" with popcorn and Kool-aid.

Anyone want to guess how old our houseguest is? :)

Hope everyone has a great evening and a wonderful Sunday.

5 comments:

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

Menu sounds yummers...me too please. We saw Tooth Fairy not long ago....it's kinda cute. Have a super weekend. Thanks for stopping in to the MTP.

Teresa said...

yum, yum! i wanna come to your house to dinner! too bad you didn't get to go camping, but the food sounds divine!

ellen abbott said...

Sounds like camping to me!

RVVagabond said...

Just when I was starting to make a good attempt at cutting back on the calories you come up with a yummy menu. *sigh*

Hope you're able to reschedule that camping weekend soon.

word vert: pherte. There are times I wish I was still pherte instead of pushing sixty.

Rudee said...

I think that strawberry pie would make a perfect ending to any event. I hope you all had fun.