Monday, June 14, 2010

Graduation Menu...What Do You Think?

Pulled Pork Sandwich with Coleslaw
~
What are your thoughts? I am obsessing thinking about the food to serve for Squirrel's Graduation Luncheon - and I want something that is easy, that I don't have to be in the kitchen for and can just serve up when the family comes back from the ceremony.
~
Since it is only going to be us [4] and the beloved in-laws [2] - I thought crock potted pulled pork would be good [sauce on the side]. Plus the cole slaw - I have the best recipe, made without mayo, that can be whipped up the night before. I could also serve baked beans, pasta salad and devilled eggs - which also can also be made ahead. Any suggestions? Add ons?
~
I appreciate any help and if anyone has a great idea for a Graduation gift? I am all ears.

6 comments:

Teresa said...

never have figured out the coleslaw on top of the meat on a sandwich. yuk. yuk. yuk. not my cup of tea at all.

gifts????? i'm sure a million bucks is out of the question. other than that, no clue.

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

The menu sounds yummers....wow. Please all and then more.
As for a present....a life of happiness, success beyond measure and a few hard knocks to make it real. Oh you mean a real gift...that's just a wish. Nope, I got nothing to add.
vert word...ressu: I'll stay here with the food and the ressu go on to the gradgiation.

RVVagabond said...

Great minds think alike; I just made crock pot pulled pork two days ago. And Denny taught me how to eat BBQ with coleslaw on it.

Loved Linda's word vert--she wins today!

Graduation gift. Hmm, kids today already have all the fun stuff--iPods, fancy phones, computers. I got a boombox (for 8 track tapes--I'm OLD!!) that was the size of a suitcase. Try lugging that back into a state park on foot. I gave the Darb a gross of condoms (as a joke!). But then I'm a sick mother....

Word vert: reclic. Perhaps I should reclic and delete my blathering comments.

Rudee said...

What time is lunch?

I'm drooling here.

life in the mom lane said...

That sounds yummy to me!
For graduation we got Stefanie one of those silver Pandora bracelets with three charms on it- since then we have added charms for Christmas & her birthday. (they also have leather bracelets which Stefanie says are cool too)
Long term she will have a beautiful "grown up" bracelet that has meaning. Added plus is it makes it easy if you have no idea what to get her. I don't know what your budget is but I think we got the bracelet and 3 charms for around $150-$200. She loved it!!!

Kate said...

That sounds amazing! As for graduation gifts my mom took me away for a weekend, and we went shopping for stuff for university. It was amazing!