Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Must.Go.Camping.

It is that time of year.
Once Memorial Day comes I start getting the itch to go camping.
I love camping - the outdoors, the campfires, the cooking over the campfires, fishing, sleeping under the stars, the slight breezes that cool off the night when you are falling asleep.

Yep. We need to go camping.

But since the Great Health Scare of 2010 - ha! - we have decided to go psuedo-camping first to see if I can handle all things outdoors.

Thank goodness for my lovely in-laws who own a gorgeous home in the country surrounded by woods [and bordering a sweet golf course] and they let us use whenever we want. Score!

We are going out there this weekend. While Squirrel sleeps in the house [lightweight crankypants] Pooldad, Wallene and I will set up camp in the woods behind the house within in view of the 9th green. And if I can't handle sleeping on an air mattress, outside I can simply pop back into the house and sleep inside. [Hopefully that won't happen].

Yippee! I can't wait.

5 comments:

RVVagabond said...

Crossing my fingers that the pseudo-camping finds you able to do the real thing.

word vert: monable. Monuable to do this, you can do it for real! (Said with a Jamaican accent of course)

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

Hey will there be psuedo lightning bugs and a psuedo fire with faux marshmallows as well??? Tee Hee.
Couldn't resist. Have a super "camping" test flight and let us know how it goes.
Vert word pribi.....I think you pribi do fine on your test flight camping thingie. As least I hope so.

Michaela said...

Sounds great Skippy! I know you will have a great time. Cant wait to hear all about it. Dont forget your bug repellant... PS Your letter to me never arrived. Such a shame! We have a new postman, I am wondering whether to blame him? He isnt the smartest xxoooo

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Hope that works for you. We are in the middle of a heatwave here and I can't imagine sleeping outside right now. I got up with Emmy at 3 this morning (she didn't really need to go out, she is tracking a gopher in our back yard) and the air was thick and hot, no breeze to speak of.

Rudee said...

I hope it works and you get a little time away surrounded by nature. Watch out for wayward golf balls.