Sunday, June 27, 2010

Having Another Problem Leaving Comments

I have been to Phelan's and Olde Baggs n' Stufft and I have been unable to leave a comment about their posts because the verification word isn't coming up. I am just getting a box with a red X. When I try to use the handicap version [click on it and it speaks the letters?] I hear a garbled mess.

So if you see me "lurking" on your blog please know I do have something to say [what's new, right?] but I can't leave a comment. Sorry.

For today we are relaxing inside because as we watch the weather alerts it keeps getting hotter and hotter - in the past hour it has gone from 95 degrees w/ humidity to over 100 degrees. Too hot to even go outside.

Instead I am cooking. Again. :) We had apple muffins with granola and fruit salad for breakfast that Pooldad [muffins] made - new recipe, very popular and for dinner we are having fried chicken, coleslaw, macaroni salad, devilled eggs, baked beans and yeast rolls. Oh and I have been cajoled into making pickled beets and eggs as they are one of Pooldad's favorites. The only thing leftover from yesterday is the macaroni salad so the beans and devilled eggs need to be made again. I don't know what it is about baked beans but I crave them lately.

I find that if I keep the sodium out of breakfast and lunch - for example I will only eat the fruit and drink juice for breakfast and have a salad for lunch - I can save up the sodium mg.s for dinner and can have a taste of just about everything. It is a good thing I don't like devilled eggs tho' - and no skin on the chicken, although it is the best and most fattening part. The salads are vinegar based which cuts way down on the sodium and the beans can be made vegetarian [i.e. no bacon - way less sodium].

So, I am off to cook - y'all are invited if you are in my part of the world. :) Hope you have a great Sunday.

7 comments:

Teresa said...

dang - at it again... food, that is. lol - i want to come for dinner. it's just a wee bit too far to drive. darn the luck. {sigh} oh well, a girl can dream...

went to the store this morning and roamed the aisles trying to figure out what to buy and what to cook. ron wanted brats (which I really don't care for) so i'll grill them indoors later. i don't do outside grilling - i'm afraid of my grill (pathetic of me). i'd rather have charcoal than gas - or, i'd do electric grill if it got hot enough. would love to have one of those coleman electric grills.

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

Hey girl, thanks for trying to comment....is it comcast screwing with you again???? Nasty folks.
Vert word..oveid...if I were you I'd oveid being frustrated about comments.

lesthook said...

I have been having that problem too but thought it was just my computer. I have found that if I just skip the word verification and just go to post this comment that it will pop back up and when it does the wv shows up! I then fill that in and hit post comment again and it works! Hope it works for you too.

Michaela said...

A yummy time at your place! Gosh, that weather sure is hot. Downunder where it's winter, I have the heater on, and a blanket over my legs. Lol! Luv ya Skippy girl, stay well... xxxooo

Kate said...

I wish I could see who's lurking! I'm PRETTY sure hardly anyone reads my blog, but sometimes I wonder!

TinaM said...

I wish! Dinner sounds delicious! Michigan's not THAT far... hehe.

RVVagabond said...

I'm glad you discovered a way to eat semi-normally at dinner time because your menu sounds yummy as always. But you're not sharing the yummy muffin recipe? Hmmph!

word vert: couster. We're out here in couster country at the Little Bighorn.