Sunday, January 3, 2010

Light The Candles Folks!

Brrrrrrrr! It is cold here. Now, I am not going to wax poetic about how cold it is except to say it has been in the teens all day with a negative windchill [Hello Mr. -1 F, please go back to Alaska].

This kind of cold isn't a problem, really, because we are inside - wearing our layers, with heat and yummy soup to eat. There are no complaints until.....

The power decides to go out. This is not a good thing as our heater, stove and fireplace [which we don't use] all are electric or have electric starters. Not good.

It has popped off twice so far and we have lit our candles in anticipation of it going out again. Very romantic I must say [and thank goodness for the gazillion Christmas candles I haven't put away yet. I am still holding on Tadpoles. Tight. :)] But it is going to be one cold ass night if we lose power again.

Time to go on a blanket raid in the armoire I think.

PS - It might so snow tomorrow - how awesome would that be? WishWishWish!

8 comments:

ellen abbott said...

Girl, you are crazy!

Sally said...

I hope your power stays on! We had our furnace go out, I don't know if it was last year or the year before...on the coldest day of the year. Luckily it wasn't a weekend and it was a "easy" fix. Stay warm as best you can!

Amy said...

I know you hate to hear this, but the cold sounds like so much fun!! We enjoyed a nice 65 degrees today...almost too warm for the winter in my opinion.

I've enjoyed catching up on all your posts. Life has been hectic these past 2 weeks and I am ready to get back to the norm in the morning!

Try and stay warm. I hear the snuggies are good for that!

Diane Laney Fitzpatrick said...

That sounds COLD. If it makes you feel any better, it's cold in Florida, too. Like gloves cold. And two coats to go walk the dog cold.

Stay warm, Skippy!

Anonymous said...

Before you wish, wish, wish for snow you might want to run out and buy some type of heater that requires no electricity. I hope that you get your wish and that you do NOT lose power....Good Luck and Stay Warm!

RVVagabond said...

There you go again, Pollyanna, making lemonade out of lemons!

Seriously, a good attitude certainly helps, but DANG it's cold there where you live! So do they have battery-operated, heated Snuggies?

life in the mom lane said...

Oh no!!!!!!!!
layer...layer... layer...!!!
It's really cold here.. I'm north of you outside of Philly...
A kerosene heater might be a good idea for emergencies like this..
Try & stay warm Skippy!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I am thankful for the wood stove and all the fallen trees on our property. If the power fails, I can even cook on the stove. Got the kettle keepiung water hot for tea.......... Seems like the whoile country is colder than normal.