Friday, January 8, 2010

I Am Probably The Only Person....

...who could break a nail while on bed rest. [yes, I am bored. deal.]

Seriously though - I am on bed rest. I do nothing but lie here, watch TV, peruse the internet and eat [more on that in a second] - and I broke a nail. Not on the computer or changing the channel - I just clipped it on a blanket. I have some pretty strong nails. I am still trying to figure it out.

As to the food? You WANT to be me. You do. I have consumed, in no particular order, the following:

  • Homemade banana nut muffins, brownie bites and chocolate peanut butter & white chip cookies, maple pecan scones and corn muffins
  • Yummy bologna and PB&J sandwiches on wheat bread with clementines for lunch
  • Baked salmon, sauteed zucchini & squash with brown rice
  • Chicken and dumplings
  • Senate bean soup

The last three meals put me in a coma I was so full. Something about eating in bed that just makes me eat more [boredom?] and then all of a sudden I am asleep. I actually fell asleep last night half way through Chicken & Dumplings. When I woke up I was sad it was gone [I have elves that clean up after me too!]. But the lemon sorbet was a nice palate cleanser at 11:30 pm.

I have to say bedrest does suck - and I am really tired of being in pain [True story: I have a converstation with myself everytime I get up to go to the potty - "Do you REALLY have to pee Skippy, because you know this is going to hurt walking, right?" It is amazing how often I don't get up. If that is TMI I apologize but I really don't want to stand up, hee...but it is only a couple of steps, so okay. I just can't wait to get back to bed and lie flat]

I don't want sympathy, honestly - life happens and we deal, right? And I have to admit I have it pretty damn good - the room service is amazing - I name it and it magically appears - I have all the company and entertainment I need. In fact I wish the dogs didn't want to keep me company so much - Spot has to touch me at all times [which annoys me and it hurts] and there is nothing conducive to a 110 lb Chessie wanting to snuggle, which he does, in my bed - my poor pups - they miss their Mommy. "Where'd da Momma go and why'd she in da' bed witout us?" This is the conversation I know is going on outside my door between those two.

Did I mention how bored I am?

There ya' go Tadpoles - my tales of bed rest. Monday can't come soon enough.

Oh, and Amy? We [yeah, we! HA! right...I mean they] are making Sarah's favorite dish tomorrow - the Pasta Fagiole - click the link for Amy's cute pics and an AWESOME recipe - mmmmmmmm.

PS: Thanks for the comments on the last post - I knew I wasn't the only one who is just fed up with her and the whole circus surrounding them. When is TLC/People magazine going to get a clue?

5 comments:

Amy said...

I was just thinking about you while I was making dinner. I was wondering when your bed rest time would be up...I am sure you wonder the same thing.

The food sounds great, especially since I am on the January Diet.

I hope you guys like the soup!

Rudee said...

The food sounds great. So does the TLC. Soak it all up, Skippy. You deserve it.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Sounds good to me..... are your feet warm? That's all I want, warm feet. Oh and the food doesn't sound bad either. Enjoy it while you can and ask room service for a clipper and a file......

Diane Laney Fitzpatrick said...

You have great cooks there in that hotel you're staying at. How are the rates? I got hungry for a baloney sandwich - haven't had one for years. Get better, Skip!

Yvo Sin said...

What, no pictures of the food... no recipes... ???

PS I break nails regularly on random crap. I could do it in bed just pointing at something. And I have pretty solid nails too. I'm just a goof/klutz :)