Wednesday, February 3, 2010

It is 2 AM. Do You Know Where Your Snow Shovel Is?

Howdy from the land of yet more snow!

It started snowing about 4 pm yesterday and it is still going strong at 2 am. Woohoo. The snowplow woke me up so I am watching "Groundhog Day" and the snow falling outside my window.

We should have about 6 inches by morning so I know the kids won't be going to school and then it is going to snow even more starting Friday afternoon! The weather folks think it will be an even bigger storm.

YAY! I know everyone thinks I am nuts for loving this so much but there are so many bonuses to snow - the kids and Pooldad get to stay home, the world is a prettier place all covered in white [don't you think?] the kids have such a great time playing in it and it is such a great time to cook and bake, filling up our home with warm, satisfying, yummy food smells. I don't know what it is about snow that makes me inspired for comfort food but it just does.

I hope everyone is fairing well and that you enjoy your day. Winter won't be here forever.

4 comments:

RVVagabond said...

I love the muffled quietness of new snow falling on top of an old layer of snow and the pristine newness of it.

However, I'd much rather enjoy YOUR enjoyment of the snow rather than live in it. Right now I'm happy with my sunshine in the desert.

ellen abbott said...

There is something seriously wrong with you.

Anonymous said...

I want to live somewhere that has snow days. We had a blizzard/whiteout last Monday and everyone still had to go to work. There were even some crazies that biked to work in it.

life in the mom lane said...

I was so happy to wake up to a phone call this morning telling me we had a 2 hr. delay- I'll take what I can get- we only got about 3"- but they were only saying 1-2" so we got more than expected. This additional snow headed our way this weekend is going to be a waste! It needs to hold off till Sun. night/Mon. morning so we can have another delay or a snow day :(

I like snow too- as long as I'm not the one who has to shovel it :)