Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Going by the Menu


Week Two of the Year Long Menu is going well.

We are having one of my favorite dinners tonight:
Roast Chicken with herb stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn and yeast rolls. And then Pooldad will pick the remainder off so I can make chicken salad for tomorrow's dinner along with boiling the carcass to make broth so we can have yummy chicken noodle soup with our sandwiches. Yum!

I found spiral sliced Smithfield ham on sale for 99 cents a pound! Which is awesome because next week is Ham week - so for $10 I can stretch that over five meals with nominal sides. [And of course there is an extra one in my freezer for Easter!]

This menu thing is working out pretty well I must say. :D I know it is early but I cannot begin to tell you the pressure that is off of all 4 of us not having to decide "What's for dinner".

It may be the little things Tadpoles, but I have to say it is a gift.

2 comments:

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

All of us need to take those gifts when given whether tee tinsey or humungazoid. I think your menu idea rocks. I'm so happy that someone else is happy.

RVVagabond said...

Dang you're ambitious, woman! Lots of mouthwatering ideas there, yet nothing that's extremely complex. I like it.

Remind me to send you my recipe for Blueberry Tortilla Crepes.