There are so many cherished holiday movies. Some old, some new - some celebrating the true meaning of the season, some poking fun and some are just lovely.
My very favorite movie is "Love Actually". Not too traditional, but the stories interwoven, the Christmas theme and the soundtrack all add up to a movie I love.
Pooldad bought me this the other day and the Squirrel and I have watched it several times [to the point of sleep deprivation for her!] and giggled, applauded and cried our way through. I love this movie.
Here is the give away [anyone glad I learned how to spell give away? sheesh why didn't you tell me?]:
1. Leave a comment detailing your favorite Christmas movie. ANYONE is welcome. Don't have to be a certified tadpole.
2. It has to be a movie that I can handily purchase from my local video store or Amazon.com[nothing obscure tadpoles, as much as I am ALL about that] because I would like to mail your prize off by Saturday, December 19th. Okay?
3. Again - a comment is all it takes. No need to post on your blog or twitter - just let me know what you love and can watch again and again.
4. If it is for a friend or family member tell me what they like and you may win their favorite movie. And I gift wrap.
5. Drawing ends at 9 am Saturday, December 19th. Again, snowman hat and a kid to pick the winner!
I don't know if y'all think I have lost my mind or what - but I was sitting here watching "Love Actually" with the Squirrel tonight and thinking of all my tadpoles that are having troubles and worrying and aren't quite into the spirit this year. And I understand. I have been there. I know.
Here is the thing. Not to be morose and I do hope I am wrong [wow do I hope I am wrong about this] - but I don't know how many Christmases I have left and for some reason everything about the spirit has overtaken me this year and I want to share. With y'all.
I can't be there to hug you, bring you a drink or cook you a dinner but maybe I can bring a little sunshine into some of your lives with these silly little give aways.
You know who you are and know that I love and support you. Just as y'all have me.