I can stretch a spiral sliced ham for a week [well I could if someone didn't throw out the bone, ahem....Pooldad] and one of my family's favorite dishes is ham and spinach quiche.
It is so, so, so easy. I swear. If you like ham and eggs this is for you.
Ham and Spinach Quiche
1 heaping cup of diced ham
1 box of frozen spinach thawed and all the water squeezed out
1 cup shredded parmesan or swiss cheese [plus a little for the top]
5 - 6 eggs beaten with 1/2 cup milk, cream or half & half
1 pillsbury pie crust [or make your own]
- Line an 8 inch pie plate with single pie crust. Flute the edges of the crust.
- Place spinach in bottom. Sprinkle 1/2 the cheese over spinach.
- Layer the ham over the cheese. Sprinkle 1/2 cheese over ham.
- Pour egg/milk mixture evenly over veggies, cheese and ham.
- Sprinkle a little cheese on top. I also like a little paprika for color.
- Bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated 375 degree oven for 35 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
- Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes to settle.
- Serve with a salad and crusty french bread. Yum.
You can use cooked broccoli in lieu of spinach. If you do use the spinach please make sure it has all the water squeezed out of it or you will have a soggy crust.
**The picture isn't mine - we ate ours too fast :) - it was as close as I could find, but the layers are opposite.
I found a great pizza crust recipe at Antiquity Oaks so next up is Hawaiian pizza - with ham and pineapple. Mmmmm - it is Wallene's favorite.