Thursday, August 15, 2013

You're Never Going to Believe This

I feel bad. 

But?

Eventhough you have every right, before you get mad at me for posting about a house we hadn't quite gotten the word on, let me explain. . .

We have a home.  Deal done. Paperwork will be signed Monday.

This has been a hard four months, trying to find a home.
But?

I took you along with me on the house search.

I know now I should have kept my mouth shut and kept the pictures not published. I should've kept my excitement in check.

The thing is we DID get THAT house.  The one I have written and posted pictures about.

Weird how things have happened.

When I found that home offered again, in that particular neighborhood, we also saw a home 5 lots down it. Same road. Same side of the street.

The two homes are literally "next door" as the crow flies out here.

It wasn't quite the house I posted about but it was the same neighborhood.  Smaller, still. . .

The same brick.
The same long driveway and quietness.
The same beauty.

It is one level living for all of us with the exception of the laundry room.  I will have to go down 10 steps to do that, but. . . .

The owners of that home are bending over backwards to make that home work for us. Work for me, actually, but I hate saying that. And we didn't make a big deal out of anything.  They just listened.  And they really are that nice.

I wrote a Tadpole an email after he mentioned how spectacular the house I posted [previous post] about was.

[Hi Tony!]

He was right, as you all were, that he knew we loved the house.  Here is what I wrote back:

" It really IS too big, but the neighborhood is my lure.  I just  hope...and pray."

It was when Steven came home at 6 pm and told me the owners of the second house, the one I haven't told you about, were offering it to us that I began to question the first house.

The second choice is there.
It is in THAT neighborhood.
And the owners couldn't have made us a better offer.
More attractive than the first.

So, yes, Tadpoles. . .there is a new pond.  In the neighborhood we desired.

We move August 31st.

I didn't mean for this to be another rollercoaster.
I hoped it wouldn't be and I know I should have been quiet, but it has been so up, down, sideways.

I can't believe this happened.

There is a reason for everything.  We have received what we needed and, bonus, wanted.

In spades.

Steven and I are at peace with this decision.  This happened for a reason and we trust that this is right.

Thank you for all your heartfelt comments on the previous posts. I  mean that.

Y'all always want what is best for me and you see/hear my excitement through these posts and just like my family,  I want a payoff for you too.

I understand if you feel the need to smack the crap out of me right now, but I didn't mean to get your hopes up any higher than mine.  As I said. We are accepted on  the first house, but there was a contingency and we don't have to take it.

I never thought the owners of the other house would come through with things we needed.  I thought it was better to not mention it to you. [Yes, I did show restraint. One time out of a bazillion.  See how that worked out for me? Us? ::grin::]

Weird how it happened.

So? Who wants to see pictures?

::running away VERY fast::

15 comments:

Gypsy said...

Dang, girl. Show me pictures! I'm so happy for you that you are getting something even more fitting for your needs and those of your family. I'm a firm believer in "go with the flow", and being flexible enough (and confident enough) to change your mind. You go, girl!!!

Gypsy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Susan Flett Swiderski said...

You doofus. Of course we want to see pictures. It sounds like this house is even better for you; Funny how things have a way of working out that way, isn't it? I'm happy for you. 12:34

Mystic Mud said...

Just tell me one thing....does the new house have a bar, too!?.....lol.....oh my, girl...you're a nut! Yes, show pictures....I don't know why you would even ask such a thing, and btw....I love you even more for this!

Jason and Michelle said...

I'm glad you found a house you are happy with. Looking/moving is stressful anyway... congrats to you. Im glad everything is working out!

Tony Van Helsing said...

Blimey, I can't keep up.

colenic said...

Pictures please...pretty please with sugar on top??
Love ya!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

happy for you!!

Yart said...

Skippy, don't apologize for getting excited... If I had to keep my excitement in I would explode and so would you... I'm so happy that everything worked out, no matter which house you got in the end it is the right one for you and your family! I wish we lived closer, I am an excellent mover, ask any of my friends... LOL!

Does this one have a blue bathroom, too?

ellen abbott said...

You are so silly. Of course we want to see pictures of your new house. and there was nothing wrong with showing us pictures of the house you thought you were going to get. I'm curious about the whole story though.

Julie said...

I wish you many happy times in your new pad - enjoy!

Southhamsdarling said...

Flipping 'Eck Skippy. Nothing like trying to confuse all your little tadpoles!! So! You won't be living in the house with all the photos after all! Seriously, as you say, this was obviously just meant to be and I hope you'll all be very happy in your new home when you move. Yes please , we need photos !!

Unknown said...

I want to see pictures! And I totally understand - my oldest daughter and her husband just signed papers yesterday and moved into their first home. But not until riding every home-buyers and mortgage roller coaster on earth. In the end they are happy and bought a house from some very kind folks who, at the last minute, decided to even leave, without cost, some furniture and appliances. What a blessing!

Enjoy your new home. I'm so happy and excited for you and your family.

Celia said...

Yeah, I want to see. I know you are going to love it!

aapkinews said...

AAPKI NEWS
AAP KI NEWS have a go at spotting somewhat of a comparable shaded powdered eyeshadow over the highest point of it with a delicate cotton swab. This will assist with keeping the eyeliner set up and make your eye cosmetics last longer before it requires a cleanup.