Saturday, August 17, 2013

How Old is Your Soul?

I am sure everyone of you can appreciate how trying this move has been on our 15 year old, Wallene.

If she hadn't been dealing with me, and my health, for the past few years, perhaps leaving Sterling would have been a bit easier on her.

Unfortunately with the quickness of the move and the length of time finding a home she has been struggling.

If you could see her though, you wouldn't know it.

Tadpoles, you have all watched Wallene grow up. You know our youngest and I can say, unequivocally, you love her.  I can see it in the comments and emails you send me.

I thank y'all.

Through the past four months I have never seen my daughter fuss, cry, rant, rave or be a teenager with a surly attitude. 

You know? 
The one everyone warns you about?

She has  packed, cleaned, spent hours late into the night driving to and from Sterling, while going to school.  She left her friends, friends she has known since she was 6 years old and she gave up a High School and Marching Band program she was thriving in.

She was going to be section leader this year at her old High School.

My heart has broken in a million different ways for her.

You wouldn't know to look at her that the move makes a difference.

Last week while we were settling on the house, and Mom and Dad were freaking out just a wee bit, she called us into the bedroom to play us a song.

I asked her if it was going to make me cry.  She said "No, Momma. No worries."

Liar.

The song moved Steven and me to tears.  She had picked it to explain how she was feeling because I don't think she could relate it to us through her own words.

It is an incredibly uplifting song, and it speaks volumes of how strong, loving and supportive my little girl is.

She came back an hour later and presented us with this video. Some of you have seen it on Facebook, but for my Tadpoles that haven't, I give you this:

http://youtu.be/m4JLR9Thdo0

Baby?  I am not giving up on us either.

I am the luckiest Momma in the world.

I love you.




13 comments:

ellen abbott said...

she's an amazing young woman.

Celia said...

That's a sweet tribute!

colenic said...

She is an amazing young woman....she is going to rock this new school!!

Jason and Michelle said...

She rocks. You are truly blessed!

1st Man said...

Wow. Really really talented!! And what a sweet thing to do.

Unknown said...

You are so blessed, and yes we do love her.

Juli said...

I have seen and I love it. That is one of my favorites songs... ever.

Now, no making me cry. My sinuses are a mess right now.

Tony Van Helsing said...

Beautiful stuff. A few years ago I moved house and changed jobs in the same year. As I was working night shifts HR sent me a questionnaire regarding my health. I filled it out and sent it in and was immediatley called in for interview. I was suffering from stress and wasn't even aware of it, I just thought it was normal to not sleep and be snappy. Moving house is a traumatic experience and with your health problems it must be even harder.

Anonymous said...

Why yes you are the luckiest Momma in the world. Teared up a bit with this video!

Tell her she did a beautiful job!

Green Monkey said...

what a compassionate child! it's a beautiful thing. the move, all of life's trails make her stronger. Old soul indeed!

Jean said...

Ahhhhhh....you have such a lovely daughter

Julie said...

Beautiful.
What is it about our kids.
Lou has been though so much over the years, even to the point of finding that she has the same genetic abnormality as Peter (tho somehow it doesn't affect her)
She did a health proposal at Uni when she ws training - it was all about Young Carers and Mental health ISsues - even now she will not let me read it for fear I may read it and start crying never to stop.

Given those gorgeous girls hugs from me - they more than deserve it

aapkinews said...

You should shed your face frequently. Peeling your face removes the top layer of dead skin cells, uncovering the smoother, more beneficial skin underneath. In the event that your facial skin is particularly dry, you can shed a couple of times each week. Dealing with your skin by shedding it regularly gives your face a brilliant, glossy appearance. Furthermore, your skin will be cleaner and less sleek.

AAPKI NEWS
AAP KI NEWS