The home where we are staying has an enormous two car garage. On one side is Ozcarz and the other is all the stuff
There is just one teensy, tiny problem.
The garage is carpeted.
I did type that correctly.
IT IS CARPETED.
I don't get this and I know, without a doubt, that my beloved in laws [part owners of our free housing] had nothing to do with the carpeted garage. I am not going to point fingers or name names, but it is probably the same relative who has systematically labeled every light switch, cabinet shelf and bottle of spice in this house.
I have no earthly idea what to do with the carpet in the garage. I mean, I guess I appreciate it because gee. . . . isn't Ozcarz all comfy with his tires [and 3,000 lb body] sitting on Berber?
But at some point this has to be cleaned.
We live in the country. We are tracking in all manner of leaves, twigs, bugs and dirt. Onto that carpet.
I am beginning to realize that vacuuming the garage is in my imminent future.
It's just that I am going to feel really stupid moving my car out of the garage to run the Hoover around all the metal cabinets [labeled] and shelves [again, labeled] storing decades worth of oils, paints, golfballs and gas cans [all labeled].
I love to keep their home in great condition, as we are basically squatters due to their largesse, but I don't know Tadpoles.
I don't think I can bring myself to do it.
Other things on my mind while living here:
- Why does my neighbors' A/C run 24 hours a day even when it is 50 degrees outside and they are gone for the weekend? It's a dual and I cringe to think of the electric bill. What are they doing storing dead bodies?
- Speaking of being gone for the weekend, who takes care of their dogs while they are away? They have three big dogs and we know they are left here [the howling. omg the howling] but no one comes to feed them or let them out. Well, at least the A/C muffles the Call of the Wild.
- Which wild animal decided it needed my cellphone more than I do? I haven't been able to find it for a week. This house is small, especially because we are only using half of it [plus the carpeted garage!] but I cannot locate it anywhere. You know the thing is in a burrow somewhere.
- Why did a deer run into the screened in porch last night at 2 am and scare the crap outta' me? I heard trip, bang, slam and then her hooves pounding off into the distance I had all of the flood lights on after that. Must've been quite a party for the ladies. Juniper berries anyone?
- Tomorrow we narrow the house search down to three. We will take the kids back to those three help us decide on the one we will offer on Sunday. If you could see my face right now you would notice it's me. . .not caring. I would rather just throw all of them in a hat and let the dog pick. Although I would rub a piece of baloney on the slip of paper that said "Blue house." hee
[Yep, even I am getting tired of hoping for a house. But I do like this one.]
That's all I got for today. Hope y'all have a great weekend. See ya' on the flipside. xo Janine