I know I am here everyday. I can call the school, sign paperwork, coordinate carpools, sign up for the family to volunteer, answer the phone, take messages, send emails . . . but, let's just look at what Pooldad manages on a random Monday:
- He arrived at work at 6:45 am and worked 8.5 hours
- Before he left for work he ran to the store to get a few things I needed
- On his way home he picked up the youngest from a sleepover
- Once home he finished three loads of laundry
- Grocery shopped for the week -we call this big shopping & it is big
- Made homemade chicken noodle soup for dinner
- Baked two kinds of homemade cookies - some for lunches, some to send to our daughter at college
- Made sure I was okay while I bathed and dressed for bed
- Fed, watered and walked the dogs - not to mention cleaning up a dog mess
- He didn't want to go to bed early, although tired, because we like some time together at night
What I do is nominal. And no, I am not looking for anything else to be said here, so please don't. He could easily do what I do in addition to what he does, but that fact that he does all of this happily and without complaint makes me a very, very, very fortunate woman.
Please do not think that I don't know that.
It isn't a birthday, anniversary or some other special day. It is simply a random day in our life.
And I think my husband does it with aplomb.
Thank you S. I love you.