Friday, October 21, 2011

WALLENE! Dagnabit Child!

Do NOT scare the crap out of your Mother that way. Jeesh.

It all started last night, when Wallene arrived home from school at 10:30 pm.  That is a 14 hour day for her and she was too pooped to pop - BUT, she still had homework to do.

We finally got her into bed at 12 am, while assuring ourserlves that her alarm clock was set for 7:30 the next morning.

Dad left for work at 6:30 am.
Mom [who had gone to sleep at 5 am] did not hear him leave or Wallene's alarm.
Apparently?  Wallene didn't hear her alarm either.

When I finally woke up at 11 am the first thing I noticed in the fridge was that Wallene had forgotten her lunch.  Hmmmm.  Then I thought, maybe, Wallene was still in the house.  She won't forget her lunch if we leave her a note [which Pooldad did] so I called upstairs, twice, but since I got no response from her room I figured she had rushed out of the house and just left it.

I sat down at my desk and phoned Pooldad to tell him not to be late coming home from work because Wallene would need her lunch before band and the Homecoming Football game.  As we chatted I heard a crash and then an "OMG!"  Guess who came running down the stairs, disheveled and carrying her backpack?

Yep!  Miss Wallene had waaaaay overslept, but had heard me downstairs and came running.

It scared the behoohoo out of me since I had already called up there twice.  Suffice it to say, my heart is pumping extra special fast this afternoon. heehee  Please know we are not upset at our daughter at all. She obviously needed the sleep.   We thought it was quite funny. :)

So, what have we learned?
1.  10 pm is an evidently an excellent bedtime for our daughter. Not 12 am.
2.  No more late nights at school, even if it IS Homecoming week.
3.  Mom should not take a Benadryl to help her fall asleep when she has insomnia.  [Do you guys SEE why I hate taking anything that makes me drowsy?  I don't do drowsy. I knock myself out. :D]

The bright side?  Pooldad got off of work 2.5 hours early to get her to school. YAY. Our weekend starts now! Woot!

We have a busy weekend planned.  There is the football game tonight, the dance tomorrow and Sunday we are off to JMU!

Have a great one Tadpoles.  We'll see ya' on the flipside. Or Monday.  If I survive. :D

8 comments:

Shelly said...

That would have set my heart pumping, too!

Jeannie said...

Oops!

It's Friday - you don't miss anything at school on Fridays! Yay for a fun weekend!

Juli said...

9pm is an acceptable bed time for me.

I rarely ever make it on time though.

Enjoy your weekend!

Anonymous said...

I would've dropped dead I think. Hope you're having a good day - it's Friday yeyyyy. Well it's 8.30pm over here so the day is almost over. Have a fabulous weekend my friend! Hugs x

Tony Van Helsing said...

Enjoy your weekend, sounds like you need it.

Southhamsdarling said...

Eeek! Wallene must certainly have been deep asleep!! Sounds as if you have a busy weekend coming up. Enjoy and don't go overdoing it. Hugs.

Rebecca said...

that to would have scared me and have a great homecoming

Kathy's Klothesline said...

She did need that sleep!! The adrenaline rush I get when I get scared like that actually makes my heart hurt. Have fun with your family this weekend.