Friday, October 14, 2011

Pretzel Fail

First recipe I have ever pulled off off of Allrecipes.com that failed.
 :(  It had great reviews, I read the comments, learned a bit and yet?

Yuck.

They looked pretty, but their interior had a biscuit like quality.  We did not like them at all. The dogs did tho'. They had lotsa' snacks last night. :)

Instead, we are making a Skippy Family stand by. It is one of our favorites and with the exception of a bit of white chocolate it is pretty healthy.

WHITE TRASH
r
Recipe:

White Trash
3 1/2 cups of cheerios
6 cups of Crispix cereal [or a mix of corn and rice Chex]
2 1/2 cups peanuts [we use unsalted]
2 cups of pretzel sticks [broken up]

2 bags of white chocolate chips

Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. Set aside.
Melt white chocolate in the microwave, stirring occasionally, until pourable. [Or melt in a double boiler on the stove.]
Pour chocolate over dry ingredients. Mix well.
Spread mixture out in a single layer on waxed paper. Let harden.
When hard, break into pieces, gift bag it and enjoy!

ETA:  This was a huge hit on the band bus. Looks as tho' I will now be signing up for the last two trips too. heehee


8 comments:

Tracy said...

Please send some of that my way. You can't go wrong with white chocolate covered anything.

colenic said...

Love it...I have never had good luck with pretzels unless I used my bread machine to make the dough...bet the kids will like the chocolate more!!! Hugs and love to all of you..

Jo-Anne Rambling said...

Now that sounds like something I would like most things taste better if coated in chocolate.....

Thisisme. said...

I'd rather eat your White Trash than pretzels any day of the week! Hee Hee! Sorry about the recipe, but at least the dogs were happy! Enjoy your weekend my friend. Hugs.

Eva Ason said...

mmmm that white trash sounds delish...Enjoy the weekend my friend.
Hugs x

mybizzykitchen.com said...

I made pretzel rolls - when I added the baking soda to the boiling pot of water it exploded everywhere, but they were tasty!

http://mybizzykitchen.com/2011/04/12/clean-eatings-sesame-noodles-and-pretzel-roll-burgers/

Good thing the dogs liked them! :D Happy Saturday Skippy!

Julianna said...

I've never eaten white trash before. :) I bet I could make this with GF Cherrios as well!

Yum!

Knitty said...

Ooh, this would be so good at a party and could become the theme too!