Thursday, May 13, 2010

Would You Live On This Street?

While looking at various maps of homes we are considering we came upon this one. Look closely at the street one over from where the thumbtack is.
~
Honestly? Would you really want to live on that street?
~
It makes you wonder who exactly is naming these streets, doesn't it?

And what is Bifrost? And why name a whole bunch of roads after Native Americans, a Civil War leader and then Pamassus? Huh?
~
Well, at least the hunt for a house is entertaining.
~
ETA: Since Linda is such a worry pants I need to point out that this is not a street we were even considering living on or even a neighborhood we went through - it is just a map I came across and I thought the name of the street "World's End" was funny. So no stalking me, 'kay?

6 comments:

Gail said...

Just have to go for the house if you like it.

I have lived on Jumbo Road and Possum Trot Road. I would say these days are kinda mild.

ellen abbott said...

Better than World's End.

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

I would love to live on Worlds End. Nothing better than the shock value alone. Of course this is from a lady who has an ID that reads.....Ozland Drivers License....Wicked Witch of the West. Often times I have given as a form of ID and there have been a few times when the "person" (fool child) doesn't even say anything. I guess cuz they can't read, or they don't get it, or they aren't really checking ID. Most folks laugh and say, okay and pause. And then ask for my real one, which I always give them grief for asking. tee hee....mean ole biddy. So yeah, Worlds End is my kinda place. Me and Johnny Depp.
(((hugs))) until next time house hunting friend
vert word...dersingi. Dersingi your song and I'll singi mine.

Diane Laney Fitzpatrick said...

In New Jersey, we used to pass this rural road that was named "Hell's Corner Road" or something like that. I couldn't imagine having the word Hell in your street name.

Worse, though, are those street names that are the little daughters of the builders. Jennifer Street, Nicole Lane, Missyann Way. Yuck.

TinaM said...

Yeah, there are a lot worse lol. If you like the house, don't let the street name bother you! It doesn't really matter.

I would love to live on a street named after a native american, or a tribe. My brother lives on Inca. That's a great name.

Ryan_GrubGrade said...

Around where I live, a lot of the streets are named after Lord of the Rings places. The geek that I am appreciates it.