Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Just Goofing Around


Because I am still awake.

How many hours can a person go without sleep or at best very, very, VERY little REM?  Since Saturday morning I have had six hours of sleep - three of those were in the car.  I have been known to stay awake longer than this, but I reaaaally want to snooze.

I don't think I fixed my Blogger picture problem - but I did have a good time messing around in Picassa edits.  The picture above is from Saturday at JMU.  I'll get better at it I suppose.

I did look in all my Picassa folders and I could not believe that there were pics from my old blog in there.

Look! Spot as a puppy:

And Wallene as a wee little one:
Even Squirrel was a kidlet once in blogland:
It was fun looking back at all the old memories.  Check out my license plate from once upon a time [2006]:
Sigh. I miss those tags and the car they were attached to.  Good times. :)

This is me holding our ever fearless hamster "Hammy" [the originality kills, doesn't it?]  You would never know that Spot was bred to hunt and kill Hammy's species now would you?  And yes, we are still painting the dogs toenails.  I guess you can't be too menacing with "Petal Pink" accents now can you?

How about a kiss lovAH?
Now I am off to find something on TV [I love this time of night because they play the "George Burns and Gracie Allen Show" and "Jack Benny"] or read a book [currently reading Grisham's The Litigators. Not bad considering I am not a Grisham fan].  You know what? You can seriously run out of things to do when you don't sleep.

Pretty much explains the whole point of THIS post. :wink:

See ya' on the flipside Tadpoles.

10 comments:

Southhamsdarling said...

Oh my goodness, you must be shattered!! And there's me thinking that I'm weary at the moment! Mind you, I have got well over 20 years on you!! Love those pink toe nails on the pooch!! How lovely to find all those old photos. Glad you're having fun playing around with the editing. Another one I use is Photoscape, and other bloggers have told me about something called Picmonkey! I used to love the George Burns and Gracie Allen Shows (and I Love Lucy!). Gosh, that's going back absolutely yonks!!! That first photo of you and Steven is lovely. Love your hair! And the SKIPPY number plate. How cool is that?!! Hugs.

Unknown said...

Hi Skippy, you must be so tired. I love the first picture of you and pool dad. Amazing how many pictures we collect. I often look back at the pictures of my children when they were really small, and thinking where did the time go? That Skippy plate is just so cool :-) Have a lovely day my friend!

Hugs

Sally said...

I hope you have finally gotten some sleep, but a night-time post doesn't bode well for that, I guess.... I went to bed waaaaaaay late last night and was a bit shocked at the things that were on tv when I was scrolling the channels before I fell asleep (and this was not on HBO, just the regular channels). I love seeing the older photos, too!

ellen abbott said...

sorry you are having trouble sleeping. I know how that goes. I had hamsters as a kid, one at a time. they were all named Tiny. How's that for originality?

Jeannie said...

I feel for you. Maybe you need a vibrating chair to lull you to sleep - you can pretend you're driving in the car. I have actually been sleeping (although the dog still likes to wake me up to join him in the living room for a nap there) however, I mustn't be sleeping right because I'm like a zombie anyway. We got a new mattress a couple weeks ago and it's made quite a difference.

Celia said...

I love all those pictures! Such memories.

Yum Yucky said...

whaaattt! I like your new blog digs! It's all spiffy and cutting edge 'n stuff.
Enjoyed the pics, but I must say, I had to go back and re-visit that pic of Poolad touching your booty. And ya, now I see YOUR hand placement. You two need to get a room.

Knitty said...

Oh my, I feel for you. I would be beyond cranky with so little sleep. Well, I would try not to be cranky but it would leak out. Like when I might ask the hubby to turn the volume down just a wee bit on the TV and it came out as "Turn the %$##*&@ sound down before I snap your neck like a KitKat bar!" I tend to crave chocolate when I'm overly tired. ;-)

Tony Van Helsing said...

Great pictures. The longest I have gone without sleep was 40 hours but that was intentional. If must be hell not having a choice in the matter.

Anonymous said...

Okay, just to show how untechnical I am, it took me until now to figure out how to leave a comment on this new format - I put it on the "classic" and now I can comment!

Yep, not the sharpest knife in the drawer! Sorry about your lack of sleep - I wish I could give you my gift of sleep! :D