Thursday, June 16, 2011

Notes In Your Lunch

Thank goodness today is the last day of school.

Sigh.

For the second time in 4 days Wallene has forgotten her lunch.  She has only done this one time all year, but twice THIS week. Jeesh kid. [Think someone is excited about summer and High School?]

On top of that she forgot her $3,000 French horn that has to be returned to the school.  A school she won't be returning to next year as she is moving on to High School  - so, yeah....that little puppy had to get back. I don't want to own the thing.

Double sigh.

On the bright side Pooldad had late shift so he was able to take her lunch in, along with the horn. [No such luck on her other forgotten lunch, Tuesday.  That day she went hungry.]

Anyhoodle....this is the note that Wallene will find in her lunch today:
Yes, it is a weird sense of humor, but it is OURS and we own it. giggle

Hope you all are having a great Thursday - 4 o'clock can't come soon enough for me.

14 comments:

Rudee said...

Oh, very funny! I'd look, too.

Jeannie said...

LOL!

We all have our triggers for daft don't we? End of school is a good one.

Love your note.

Love your hand writing! (something we don't really see a lot of these days huh?)

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Did she have her panties?? Last day of school is the best!

Teresa said...

hahahaha! i'd look, too - just to make sure!

Southhamsdarling said...

Hi Skippy! Last day at that school - no wonder Wallene is super-excited!! Hee Hee! Pooldad is just like my hubby, driving in with her lunch and musical instrument! We are lucky, aren't we? I love your sense of humour, and it was nice to see that little hand-written card that you sent in with the lunch box. Bet it made her smile!! Here's to a good Summer!

Anonymous said...

Ha - love the note Skippy! I am sure Wallene is happy to have you as her Momma - love the sense of humor. :D

Hugs!

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

You and your daughter have such a wonderful relationship. I used to write corny jokes on the napkins in our kids' lunches from time to time. They'd roll their eyes at me, but now they tell me how much they loved it.

Anonymous said...

Yikes! I remember once I had to have my school ID or something (at this time I was driving) and I almost drove home but found it and was able to make a u turn.

Once my parents were gone and I needed a ride and a friend of mine's dad drove and I thought I forgot my books in her car. Thankfully I didn't even take them out of the house. I had my other friend run over get them and take them to school for me.

http://theadorkableditzmissteps.blogspot.com/

Lyndylou said...

loved the note....hilarious! You have lovely writing too :)

Rebecca said...

that's to funny

Everyday Life

Celia said...

That's some pretty handwriting.

Juli said...

We have til Monday.

*sigh*

And then summer camp starts.

I will blink and it will be over.

*double sigh*

ellen abbott said...

I can't believe she's just now getting out. but yeah, last year, last day at a school.

not displayed said...

My youngest forgot his lunch again. He went hungry unless he had some cash in his wallet.
Bet you are so excited about the holidays starting. Time for a sleep in