Monday, November 1, 2010

30 Days of Truth: Day Eleven

Day Eleven:  Something people seem to compliment you the most on.

I was going to say my kids because they would be at the top of the list, but let's make this [more] about ME! Shall we?  I figure one narcissist in my family just isn't enough. hee

And just to be extra, extra shallow - let's pick my best physical attribute.  Well, at least the one people seem to comment on the most.

My legs.  I am pretty tall - 5'8 [or 5'7 1/2 depending on who you ask] - not insanely tall, but the average height for an American female is 5'4 so I am doing a bit better than the average height I would say.  Most of my height is made up in my legs.

My Mom had fabulous legs.  'Til the day she died her legs were shapely and gorgeous - she never had a bit of cellulite [much to other people's chagrin - we could never figure it out - the woman ate anything and everything].  Her legs were gorgeous - so pretty that one time while she was cooking dinner I saw Pooldad staring off towards the stove and I asked him "What are you looking at?"  He replied "Your Mom's legs. They're great!"  I was, like..."Ewww."  And then my Dad hit him. [I am kidding. Sort of.]

So I have to thank my Momma for my nice pair of gams. I am no Betty Grable - but I can pull off shorts and mini skirts if I feel like it without worrying.  I do have to say since I have been on this low sodium diet I am finding it difficult to put the weight back on my legs [and arms and my behind] but I think I can still rock it:

Yes?
Taken last evening - and no I won't be wearing those shoes again. 
Have a great Monday!

11 comments:

Rudee said...

Yes! Great gams!

Bouncin' Barb said...

Whistle, whistle!!! Sexy sadie legs!

Jeannie said...

Great legs! I could share some of the meat off mine if you'd like!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Like Jeannie said, I would be more than happy to share my girth with you! I have ugly legs. He who loves me once referred to them as "sturdy". With "very gross" veins........ Yours , however, are rockin'!

mybizzykitchen.com said...

Fabulous legs! And I was just thinking "I can't remember the last time I even put a pair of nylons on!"

Happy Monday!

Life in the mom lane said...

I am jealous- I USED to have nice legs back in my 20's but as I got older and put on weight they sadly no longer look as nice.... :(

Teresa - in the Middle Side of Life said...

rockin! your legs are fabulous... {said with just a hint of jealousy}

sapphireblue said...

Rudee-hubs and I were just saying you never here the word gams anymore. Yes you do have nice gams!

Linda in New Mexico said...

great legs gorgeous. The Olde Bagg

Yum Yucky said...

My husband says I have a Shetland pony leg - short and stocky. It doesn't matter how skinny am I. The Shetland remains. So.. my booty. I have a nice butt.

Sally said...

Your legs look awesome! I don't think that my legs have ever looked that nice. Isn't it great to know that you can still rock it if you want to?