Saturday, September 19, 2009

This is What We Know

Thanks Rudee for your input on my stroke questions. I did a little more in depth research and found out some things, but now I am just wondering.

To the tadpole that guessed it is Bee, good guess, it is. Now I want to clarify that I don't think she is faking it - what concerned me was that the hospital took a while to diagnose it [doing it through an MRI] and that she was only in the hospital for two days. That is why I asked. I thought strokes were more debilitating, although some are not severe as others. Seems, from my research, she must have had a cerebellar [sp?] stroke - which is the most minor.

Now, here is the quandry. They released her from the hospital in less than 48 hours [on Thursday] and told her not to return to work until next Thursday. She insists she will be in on Monday [as she has no sick leave left. Raise your hand if you are surprised.] Not to be offensive, but she is going to be absolutely useless if she doesn't stay home and recuperate.

Pooldad has assured her that all is well and to stay home, everyone in the office can handle it. She is insistent tho', but I have to wonder - shouldn't she stay home and relax? Even a minor stroke is serious, I would think? At least enough to warrant a week off in bed, right?

I actually feel pretty bad for her - she is morbidly obese [I don't say this lightly or with malice - but she weighs over 300 lbs at 5'4] and has some habits that aren't exactly conducive to recovering well or expeditously.

No comments: