Friday, February 15, 2013

No, Honey, Really You Shouldn't Have

::ah-choo::

Our first "official" Valentine's Day was a resounding success. YAY!

Actually, I was gifted with more than I had even bargained to receive.

We exchanged thoughtful, loving cards [a first!], shared a nice bottle of sparkling cider and fell asleep, holding hands, talking about what a really nice day Valentine's Day is.

::ah-choo::

Three guesses what else my darling, loving, generous husband gave me for Valentine's Day?

You don't get the first two ::ha!:: because I am pretty sure you know he kindly gave me his big, honker, lurgy head cold.

Thanks honey, really. I will get you for this.  ::cough/hack::

Oh well, it stands to reason. We are a pretty tight couple y'all know.  And I was taking care of him - so what did I think was going to happen when I checked his temperature with my lips instead of a thermometer? Huh? And then there is the whole hand holding thing we just do and well. . .it's heeereee.

I am not the least bit worried about it tho'.  It's been years since I had something as simple as a head cold. If this had happened two weeks ago I would've been way down for the count and scared. As it is I feel like a million bucks, minus a few pennies and I am going to kick the behoohoo out of this pansy-butt little cold. Right?

[I have a sneaking suspicion I am going to be eating my words by calling it "pansy-butt". I am, aren't I?  ::wry smile::]

::ah-choo::

In the meantime I suggest y'all buy stock in Kleenex and Double Stuff Oreos. 

The tissues are self explanatory, but the Oreos? 
They have restorative powers.
No, really
Just don't check the package[s].
'Cause if that statement were true - I would've never gotten sick in the first place. ::sniffling::

We'll see ya' on the flip::ah-choo::side Tadpoles.  Now, go wash your hands [eyeballs? monitor?]. I don't need y'all getting sick too.

[It IS that contagious.] XO Skippy



8 comments:

Celia said...

Awww man! Feel better!

Jean said...

Oreos are not my comfort food. When I catch a cold I need tomato soup. Feel better soon hon.

Southhamsdarling said...

Aw shucks! So sorry you've come down with the dreaded lurgy! Hope it doesn't get too bad for you and passes soon. Take care. Happy that you had a lovely Valentine's Day.

Unknown said...

Oh no! Get well fast!

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Doggone it, I TOLD you not to catch that cold, didn't I? But did you listen? Noooooo.

Eat some chicken soup and get well soon. 12:34

Unknown said...

Am sorry to hear you've come down with the cold. Hope you'll feel better soon. Hugs x

life in the mom lane said...

Hope you ALL feel better!

aapkinews said...

You dislike all that they do, however they will have the option to control you toward shading palettes that work for your skin, just as, help with any imperfections you need assistance with. AAP KI NEWS
AAPKINEWS