Thursday, January 26, 2012

Truth is Thursday. . .

Truth is. . .this is a picture of Pooldad and his younger brother.  Very handsome, I say.

Truth is. . .Pooldad and his brother have the best relationship.  They have been close since birth and they are  the best of friends, even half a century later.  It's nice.

Truth is . . .the mock turtleneck and sweater Pooldad is wearing are two of the gifts I bought him from Land's End for Christmas.  The picture doesn't do them just, but they are so, so nice [and soft]. I still marvel at how little I paid for both with free shipping.  Love a bargain. :D

~ ~ ~

Truth is. . .being on 100% bedrest is boring. B-O-R-I-N-G.  I suppose it could be worse [hey! I am still alive, bonus!] but my days consist of TV, the internet, books, the phone and sleep.

Truth is. . .in an effort to combat the boredom I have registered for 4 college classes. Hopefully this will keep me entertained. :)

Truth is. . .since my first college major was a BSLA in Languages and Linguistics, this go round I am taking math and sciences.  This should prove to be interesting.

Truth is. . .I have a whole lot more I want to write, but I am fading.  Time to lay down.

Have a great one Tadpoles.  It's almost the weekend. Woohoo!

12 comments:

colenic said...

Truth is I love the picture....
Truth is...I am sorry that you are on bedrest...that stinks...
Truth is I have missed you this week..I have to get out of my rut and not posting cause I miss your comments :)
Truth is I am sending hugs and lots of love to you...

ellen abbott said...

Complete bed rest huh. That sucks. Big hug.

Jeannie said...

FOUR courses? Holy smokes woman! One would have me stressed out. But I suppose you know what you are capable of - and if you are stuck to one place with nothing to do, perhaps you can handle it. Hope you enjoy it.

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Good for you taking those classes! That's what I call making good use of your time.

CWMartin said...

I would have never guessed they were brothers... ;)

Teresa said...

good for you on the college classes! enjoy your math and sciences. i'm no good in math but i thoroughly enjoyed my science classes.

great picture of the guys.

Greenmare said...

woot! you do know how to keep your chin up even when the rest of you is laying down! I am totally impressed that you are going for the maths and sciences! I have a geography course along with my second semester french this time and it's a lot to deal with!!

Southhamsdarling said...

Hi Skippy. Love that photo of Pooldad and his brother. They are very alike, aren't they. Great that they still get on so well, and I love Pooldad's sweater! So sorry to hear that you are on complete bedrest again. That sucks! BUT - good on you for enrolling for those college courses. I admire you so much for doing that. It should certainly take the boredom away!! Do keep us posted as to how it all goes. Big hugs from me across the pond x

laughingmom said...

Sorry about the bed rest!!! You sure can find a way to pass the time, though - FOUR classes! Wow!! I am very impressed and wish I had the nerve to try more college.

Rebecca said...

bed rest that sucks but good for you for putting that time to good use and taking classes you rock

Celia said...

Four classes! Wow! That's a lot! I hate bedrest. I always felt like I was not in control of anything.

Juli said...

WOW. College. What a fantastic way to beat bed rest boredom. AWESOME!

I love Lands End. My vest came from there. Best winter vest I have ever owned. :)