Thursday, January 5, 2012

Truth is Thursday. . .

Truth is. . .better late than never.

Truth is. .  .I really haven't had a whole lot to post about and have just been reading and leaving comments.

Truth is. . .I finally had to relent and take pain killers.  Those that know me know that I don't do this lightly because I really don't like them, but it has gotten to the point I have to - everything hurts and Alleve just wasn't cutting it anymore.

Truth is. . .wow!  One pill and I am loop-de-doo.  I feel like rubber, but bonus! Nothing hurts.  Then again, I am not too steady on my feet and my speech is a bit funny, but. . .nothing hurts.  I'll take it.

Truth is. . .I screwed up the day we were taking Squirrel back to school.  I thought it was in a week but it is actually Sunday. :(


Truth is. . .I laid in bed and cried for a half an hour.  I know she has to go back, but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

Truth is. . .it does help that Pooldad has tomorrow & Monday off. I love his winter work hours.

Truth is. . .Today would've been my Dad's 75th birthday.  I am sure he & my Mom are having a grand time of it.

Truth is. . .tomorrow is my FIL's 80th birthday.  He is one of the sharpest, most active 80 year olds I have ever met [next to my MIL]. You would think they are much younger than they are. They're awesome and I am lucky to have them in my life.

Truth is. . .we have even more birthdays this month. Busy, busy!

Truth is. . .I found a recipe for Tuscan Bean Soup made with smoked turkey legs. I gave it to the girls to make and they did, exactly as it was written.  Truth is?  It was awful.  The turkey legs/bean/veggie parts were good, but the recipe writer typo-ed and it called for 2 tablespoons of Italian seasoning.  I should've caught it because even I know that is too much, but I didn't and it sucked.  We will try it again with less seasoning.  At least the biscuits were good.

Truth is. . .Egg, ham and cheese biscuits for breakfast. Woot!

Truth is. . .I think it is time to put my loopy self to bed.  I am surprised I got this far.  Excuse the grammar & spelling. TYVM.

Wallene says "See ya' on the flipside."
G'night!

11 comments:

Tracy said...

I understand the sadness of taking back Squirrel a week earlier than you thought. Whitney goes back either Saturday or Sunday depending on how she feels.

Redhead said...

I know exactly what you say about pain meds. To take them and not hurt, but feel so drowsy and out of it you really can't interact with anyone. Surely there has to be something that will give relief without all the side effects. If you ever find one, let me know and we'll both be better off.

Anonymous said...

Hi Skippy, I'm sorry to hear that you had to go back to your pain killers. I know how much you enjoy having your girls at home, and seeing them going back to school is a pain. Wishing you a good day!
Big hugs x

Eva

Southhamsdarling said...

Hi Wallene! Hallo Skippy my dear friend. So sorry you had to resort to the painkillers, but sometimes, you just have to. Sometimes when I take extra strong (very!) painkillers, I feel all dopey and rubber-legged, but the pain doesn't actually go away! :( I know how you feel about Squirrel having to go back, especially much earlier than you thought. It sucks, doesn't it? Shame about that recipe. Usually the meals in your house are pretty scrummy! Hope you feel in less pain soon. Sending hugs your way.

Anonymous said...

Yep, sometimes you just have to take the pain killers - I know my husband takes them when its just too much.

Happy Friday! Sorry Squirrel has to leave this weekend - boo. :(

Celia said...

You didn't mention purple elephants or pink monkeys, so you did good posting while on pain meds. Sometimes you just have to take some. Hope it's helping the pain.

Jeannie said...

A vacation from pain is always good - unfortunately, the vacation from yourself is not.

So sad that you have less time with Squirrel than you thought. It must be very hard.

People are living longer and healthier and "younger" than ever. It is amazing. We've got the twins birthday in a couple weeks, and my Dad's would have been a couple days after that - I suppose he'd have been 90 - but never made it there.

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

So sorry you had to take pain killers, but I'm really glad they helped you. And guess what? Loopy or not, your post makes a lot of good sense. You are still ... you!

Rebecca said...

hugs sweetie i hope you feel better soon

Juli said...

Feel better soon. And it's OK to be sad about squirrel. She'll be home soon though...

(((HUGS)))

Jennifer said...

Truth is...I just found this post. That bean soup sounds so yummy! And Squirrel looks so cute in her new jammies. I may be out of line saying this but after seeing Squirrel in those jammies and recalling a comment you left that she has to wear (was it a S or M?), I have a difficult time believing that our other friend is squeezing her curvy butt into an XS. Just saying. I think perhaps there's a vanity/insecurity issue there. Oh well, I've said enough as usual. ;)